Chapter 3.9

Everything was settled. All the boxes were unpacked, much thanks to Sidney and Randy, and I had the rest of the day to myself.

I stared out of the window to my right as I sat comfortable on the couch of my new living room. Tiny shops bustled with various types of people. People that I don't know and they don't know me.

It was riveting to have a fresh start.

After a few hours of spending time with myself, I decided to go check out Windsor campus. It was open to the public since freshmen were moving in. My feet guided me to Sidney's dorm room.

"Knock, knock..." I said politely before entering the dorm room.  Half of the room was organized perfectly and decorated brightly. The other half of the room, Sidney's portion, was messy and boxes laid around half opened. "You're still not unpacked? You've been here three days, Sid."

"Not everyone can be like you, (Y/n)."

"I know that... Where's Hallie? Did she go out?"

"Shit! Yeah... She wants me to meet some people she's friends with. I told her I'd bring you."

"What?" I groaned but it was too late. We were already out the door and across campus in a matter of minutes.

"This is a frat house, Sid."

"I know," Sidney folded her arms as we stood in the foyer of the house.

Hallie came into view, looking gleeful as ever. She welcomed us with open arms and beckoned us to come into the backyard. Music sounded through a boombox and the familiar party smell wafted the air.

"Sid..."

"I didn't know it was a party!"

I glared at my friend. It was small but a party nonetheless. We'd been tricked.

"I want you two to meet these guys... You're gonna love them. Totally perfect," Hallie said, pushing us toward the crowd.

"Hallie, you know I have a boyfriend..."

We found ourselves standing at a table where two people were playing beer pong. Two boys stood opposite of us each with a beer in hand. They seemed amused and invested in the game until their focus shifted onto us.

The shorter of the two grinned at me, forcing an awkward smile to break across my face.

"Derek, Mickey... This is Sidney and (Y/n)..." Hallie pointed to each of the boys to introduce us. Derek had his eyes on Sidney but the one who smiled at me, Mickey, his face dropped.

"As in... Sidney Prescott and (Y/n) (L/n)... from the Woodsboro Murders?" His finger lifted to us. "I've heard everything about you oh... wow. This is insane. I read the book about you two!"

"Yep... That's us..." I fake smiled and turned to Sidney seriously. "I'm gonna go get a beer."

As I walked away I could hear Hallie berating Mickey. I was alone at the drinks table for at least a few minutes until I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Mickey.

"I want to apologize..." He said guiltily. "I'm a little drunk and that was insensitive."

"Yeah, it was," I raised my eyebrows. We stared at each other and I saw him grow awkward. "But... I forgive you."

A nervous smile broke across his face. "Alright... Can I try this again?"

"Sure."

He reached past my hips to the table behind me so he could set down his drink, then he held out his hand.

"Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Mickey Altieri."