Chapter 8- New Daddy?

* Alexis*

" I like to eat eat eat apples and banenes, I like to oot oot oot appools and boonoonoo's, I like to ate ate ate apples and banaynay's."

Jace sung while he colored in his coloring book. I watched him take his little hand and scribble the red crayon over little Elmo's face. He looks so much like me and his father.

Deep down I wish I never left and we tried to work something else but I just couldn't take it anymore.

" Mommy."

" Yes bubby?"

" When's daddy coming on vacation?" I sighed. I scrambled my mine to find the appropriate response.

" Uh he's waiting back home for us baby. You'll see him soon baby."

" I want daddy!" Jace started to whine.

" Jace baby I promise you'll see him soon I promise." I grabbed his little body and hugged him.

" I want daddy." He started to cry. Now I feel like I never should have left. He and his father have a strong bond and a strong connection. 

" You want-" Knock Knock.

I frowned. Who wants to see me? I put Jace down and let him go back to playing.

" Who is it?"

" Its Hayden." I smiled and opened the door.

" Yes Hayden?" He carried two boxes of pizza in his hands and he wore a tan cowboy hat.

" I bought lunch." He laughed shyly.

" Oh Hayden you didn't have too." I sighed letting him in.

" Hayday!" Jace said hugging Hayden's legs. He picked him up and through him in the air as Jace's cute baby laughter filled the air.

" Where's Jax?" He asked.

" Well he's in my car I didn't want to be rude and invite him in without permission."

" Oh he can come in as long ad he doesn't break or tear or use the bathroom on anything."

Jax soon ran in the house and right to Jace who tackled the dog to the ground in a bear hug.

" I miss you Jax." Jace kissed it's head.

" So what brings you by?" I asked as I removed the plates from the cabinets.

" I uh...it's been a while." He scratched the back of his neck.

" Its only been two weeks Hayden...I just been very busy you know?"

" I do understand and I was busy as well but I sure did miss your beautiful face darlin."

" Aww I missed you too Hayden. JACE! you want pizza baby?" I asked as he ran in the kitchen. 

" Yeah!"

" Well come let's wash your hands."

" Come on little guy." Hayden picked up Jace flying him through the air like a air plane...an out of controlled air plane.

" Hayday?"

" Yes little man?"

" Can I have Jax?" My mouth fell open.

" Jace honey I don't think so baby boy. That's his dog-"

" Of course I wouldn't mind. I mean now I know there is definitely someone here to protect you and your mother since I live farther away." Hayden said.

" Hayden you don't ha-"

" Thanks Hayday!" Jace wrapped his little arms around Hayden's neck. At first he was a little taken back but then he fully hugged him.

I felt my eyes water at the scene. Jace really likes Hayden maybe I should invest more time into him and maybe we can go on a few dates.

" This pizza is really good." I chewed.

" I know.. The best in town." Hayden agreed.

" Mommy? Is Hayday my new daddy? Is that why I don't see daddy?" My eyes grew as wide as saucers and before I could freak out Hayden responded.

" Would you like me to be?" I looked over at him side ways.

" Yeah! But I want my daddy too? Mommy can I have both?"

" Uh-uh...Jace Hayden isn't your new daddy and what I tell you about daddy? I said you'd see him very soon." I glared at Hayden.

After bubby left I looked at Hayden who was giving me a slight smirk.

" Don't encourage him."

" Why not? I would love to be that daddy of that angel." I smiled and kissed his cheek. " Your so sweet."

" Thank you. Alexis?"

" Yes?"

" Will you go on a date with me?" I froze.

" D-date?" I turned around and looked him in the eyes.

" Yeah. Little Jace can come. We can go to the zoo and have a little picnic and everything. Will you?"

" Yes." I rushed out. He smiled and gave me a bone crushing hug.

" You won't regret it....I promise." His smile went all the way from ear to ear and he started to blush a little which made me laugh.

" Your so cute." I pinched his cheek and then kissed it.

" So is Hayden my daddy now?" Jace stood there looking as innocent as ever.

I closed my eyes and slammed my palm to my forehead.

" Oh boy."