Chapter 42: Paying the price

Felipe's POV

Something that always amazed me (in the wrong way) about my daughter Samantha was her seemingly natural ability to get herself in trouble. Not that the rest of them didn't earn a scolding or even a punishment every now and then, but I was convinced my eldest enjoyed defying me, testing my limits and to see how far she can go and then just break through that line. Her mouth usually got her in these kinds of situations, because she was always more than willing to suffer the consequences if she got things her way.

I was convinced something wasn't right with her. Even when I knew very well she mistreated her mother when I wasn't around (something I had tried over and over again to discourage) I had never even imagined she could treat anyone like that. Much less Anna, her own blood and the sweetest person I ever knew. As soon as she pronounced the words with such disrespect rolling through her tongue, the blood of my veins boiled to the point of almost cracking my usually stern and cold facade. But it didn't, I was far more restrained than her and I'd use that on my advantage to teach her a lesson once and for all about respecting her elders.

After commanding her to go to my studio for a very necessary talking to, she didn't think twice before doing as she was told. I bet she could tell she had crossed the line big time and she always preferred to suffer the consequences reluctantly and in silence. I gave Anna a quick look to check on her state after such a rough encounter with her eldest child, and she seemed deeply hurt. Sam was always first in her life and the fact she dared to undervalue my wife like that was simply not fair. And it was going to cost her greatly.

Once I was inside the room, silence took over. Apparently my daughter wasn't bold enough to say anything in her favor. She simply sat down on the couch with her hands intertwined, keeping her eyes low.

"You must have a lot of nerve to treat your mother like that and right in front of me, no less" I broke the silence with a sentence that had formed inside my mind the moment I heard her pronounce such unmannerly words.

"What she asked wasn't her business" she expressed far from shyly but still keeping her eyes away from mine.

"That's where you are greatly mistaken, young lady. As long as you are our daughter, everything that has to do with you is our business" I stared down to her from where I was standing with my arms crossed as I spoke. "And we'll ask whatever we feel we need to and you will not talk back to us disrespectfully like that. Is that understood?" I finished that sentence with a pointing finger towards her, just in case I wasn't being clear enough with my words.

"Yes sir" she let out the words, but I could tell she didn't feel them in the slightest. But she would soon, along with a burning backside that would smart her up.

Sam stood up from the couch when I asked her and then proceeded to sit myself down on that same spot briefly after. I kept the same stern gaze on her, that apparently had the same effect than when I was towering her. I was aware my body language was very intimidating, and it had always come on in handy when discipline had to be served. I wasn't a person who liked to raise my voice. I just let my body do the job for me.

I rached to grab her forearm and gave it a firm pull, which caused Sam to fall face down on the couch across my left leg. It'd be easier for me to control her this way. Once I had adjusted her to the right position over my knee, I circled her waist with one arm at the same time the other raised above our heads. I could sense her muscles tensing, waiting for the first smack to fall, and I didn't delay to deliver. The sound echoed not only through the walls of the house but also into both of our heads, but I didn't stop there. Soon enough a rain of smacks followed that first one, always keeping the pace and the rhythm, alternating spots in a way Sam could never guess where I'd strike her next.