Chapter 23: Covering up

-What in the world are you two doing in here?, Justin hissed at my little sisters as they cowered back at his intense look.

-Playin..., Trini dared to answer as Kim had hidden behind her and gave her a little push. The answer just pushed our cousin even more to the edge.

-Trini you perfectly know you're not to get in this room. Especially if your daddy isn't here and especially playing with his stuff!, he raised his voice so much both girls came cowering behind me with her deep blue eyes already tearing up.

-We're sorry, Kim cried as Trini's eyes filled with tears and that's when my heart broke. I had to do something.

-Just go to the bathroom ok? I'll help you clean up, I said and didn't wait for me to finish my sentence. They ran as fast as they could to the bathroom just so they wouldn't have to take on Justin's fuy for another second.

I sighed deeply looking at them running, then the mess, then Justin...

-What?, he asked still not quitting his stern attitude.

-We cannot tell on them Justin. Look how frightened they are!, I started with my argument that I knew it'd have to be good to convince Justin to lie, especially to Felipe.

-Sam you and I and all your sisters know it's absolutely forbidden to get into Felipe's studio, Justin said and as a matter of fact we do know. We know it too well.

Felipe's studio is his sanctuary. That's the only room he has absolute control of. There's where the pc went when he decided we were giving it a bad use, so have multiple toys and electronics for the past few years. There were only a few occasions we were allowed in the studio and that was only when Felipe wished a little word with us. Yeah, you know what I mean.

-Yes I know but they're just 5 years old! And it was an accident. Felipe's going to flip out when he sees this. Just help me clean it and say I did it, I said with a pleading voice my cousin had for sure never heard of me.

-Sam I don't want them to get punished either but... but I can't lie to him like that! I just can't, he said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

-You did it for me before, didn't you?, I said and his look turned really cold.

The night I had sneaked out to go to a band's meeting Justin had caught me sneaking back in, yet he hadn't snitched me to Felipe. That was the only time I know Justin to had lied to my dad's face.

-That was different, he spat annoyed and I frowned.

-Why? You didn't want Felipe to be angry. Do you know how angry he's gonna be when he discovers the twins sneaked into his studio?, I argued and I thought I had him right where I wanted him but as always he took an unexpected turn.

-That's not why I did it, ok?, he said as he reached behind to scratch the back of his head... like Felipe does when he's nervous.

-Then wha...

I wasn't able to finish my questioning because in that moment Felipe opened the front door quickly followed by my mom. Oh no.

-Go wash the twins. I'll take care of it, Justin said with a dead serious tone of voice.

-But Justin...

-Just do it, he hissed and I turned around and ran to the bathroom where I could keep track of the conversation taking place in the next room.

-Hey uncle. You're home early, he said with that sweet snobby tone of voice he has with my dad. Ugh seriously, they look like father and son.

-My office had to close early today, which puts me in a great mood by the way. How were the girls?, Felipe said as I heard him walk away, probably to put down his coat on the sofa as every day.