Chapter 16: Unexpected and unwanted

Felipe's POV

The house was already noisy because the grand bands competition Sam had was in just a week. She'd rehearsal all afternoon long, be nervous absolutely all the time. No talking she was lacking on her school responsibilities. Anna convinced me that she was just procrastinating a bit, and that she'd be able to focus again once this all competition ends up. I can't tell I was happy about it, but what could I do. A week wasn't really that much time, but she betters makes up all the work she has to do. I don't want this thing to affect her grades in any way.

That afternoon the house was unusually peaceful. Surprisingly Alexa, Melanie and the twins were playing together in the backyard while Anna was making dinner, Sam being probably locked in her room with her guitar. As for me I was just making some numbers in my studio when I heard the door ring. I thought my wife would be too busy to answer the door, so I got up to do it myself. Anna got there first and she stood there like stone, her face paling by the second she opened the door to the stranger.

-Anna. Long time no see.

It was a male's voice. What on earth was going on? Why was Anna stunned like she was?

-Anna dear, who is it?, I asked and stood up behind her, gently stroking her waist hoping she'd make it out of this shocked state and tell who that fun character was. And she did.

-What the hell are you doing here Joseph?, she said with a rage voice I swear I've never heard of her.

Joseph? Oh my god.

-I'm just paying a visit to my kid. Is that so wrong?, he said with a smile as I frowned to him.

He was a snob character, and he was mistaken by far if he thought he'd disrespect my wife and walk free.

-I'm not letting you see Sam, so you can leave already, she said willing to shut the door when something stopped her. I should say someone.

-Who wants to see me mom?, we heard Sam's voice from the stairs, walking to the front door to see her mysterious visitant.

She went through the same phase as Anna when she saw Joseph standing on her door. I thought she wouldn't even remember him being so long since she last saw him, but apparently she did.

-Hi sweetheart, Joe said waving his hand and giving Sam a friendly smile.

-Dad? I can't believe it's you, she said smiling back to him.

Anna took a step backwards and Sam wrapped her arms around Joseph's neck. He hugged her back, and they were both really happy to see each other. I could see my wife wasn't happy at all, and I knew very well why. That man was an unreliable character.

-Mom, what are you doing you don't invite him in?, Sam said turning her look to her mother as she clenched her hands in fists.

-That man ain't putting a foot in my house, Anna said glaring at Joseph.

I placed a hand on my wife's shoulder, gently stroking it and giving her a plead look. I didn't like this guy either, but one way or another, he was bonded to Sam. He was her father, and we had to at least know what he wanted. That I can tell you, I kept him under my watch the entire time he was in the house. I wanted to know his intention with this all of the sudden visit to Sam, after leaving for so long.

We had no other option than inviting him over for dinner. Lucky us, the twins didn't ask much, and only Melanie shoot me an uncomfortable look. I made her a sign not to say a thing as we were eating. Nobody was talking, not even the twins, except for Sam and Joseph. He was telling her all about his latest tour and how his band was a great success. To Sam's eyes he was a rockstar but to me he was just a punk.