Bard

(A/N request from @Persney xD Sorry this took so long, I am busy. I will be updating 4 more chapters so until then I won't be responding to any requests. And when they are open again please personally message me.  Random question for everyone, what type of music do you like? I am currently in a 90's alternative phase xD)

   * * *

"Sigrid? Tilda, Bain! Bard....Where are you?" You scream out, your throat was dry and scratchy. People pushed and shoved past you in frantic movements, the blood chilling shrieks of those being burnt by dragon fire making you shiver.

You had got separated from Sigrid, Tilda, Bain, and your husband Bard. Tauriel, your best friend had left with them and a few dwarves had tagged along.

Water splashed around as people jumped into boats and the lake attempting to escape the fate of death. Your heart beat loudly, threatening to burst through your rib cage.

You see a boat with three people in it and run up, hoping to catch a ride to shore. "Please, let me come with you." You beg practically on your hands and knees.

"I don't like elves," The man said grimly as his family quickly carried things into their long boat. "But get in."

"Thank you so much. I don't know if my husband or step children have made it..." You really didn't need to tell the man this information, but you desperately needed to tell someone of your worries.

Your eyes scanned the shore, searching for your beloved family. But all you saw was death, or innocent people on the road to terrible fates. Disgusting creatures dragons were.

The ride to shore was too slow for your liking. As soon as the boat hit the rocky sand you were out at running.

People all around you looked for loved ones, helped the wounded, or watched young children. You searched frantically, calling out Bard's name with a heavy heart.

You still had one sliver of hope left in your soul. For your unborn child.

   * * *

   Bards pov.

"Da...I don't think Y/N made it." My daughter, Sigrid says while biting her lip and avoiding my gaze.

"Don't talk that way," I say forcefully. I wouldn't believe that she was dead. Not again. Losing one wife is bad enough, but I won't lose Y/N. "She is okay. I can feel it."

"There is something I need to tell you, da. And please remain calm for the sake of the people, although I know this will be hard for all of us."

I looked over at Sigrid curiously. The small fire illuminated the broken and crumbled walls of Dale that would be our shelter for now.

"Y/N. She was...I really don't know how to put this in words."

"Tell me. Now."

"She was three months pregnant .She was going to tell you when she was at month four."

She said it quickly, like pouring salt over a battle wound. "D-Don't say that." I whisper and look away.

This shouldn't be happening. No. I won't believe it. Not again.

*Readers pov.*

Dale. He took them all to Dale, typical Bard. You husband was always trying to do the best for people. He truly was a good man, that was one of the reasons why you loved him so much. You were slightly ticked off that he didn't wait for you but you know all the people of Laketown turned to him for direction. No doubt about that one.

He must have left as soon as possible for Dale, because you looked for him everywhere. There was some people still on the shore, looking for lost family members and such. You knew how they felt. Unsure of everything.

All you could do was hope they all had made it. The last you saw of Bard was when he left to go talk to the master, and then four dwarves show up at your doorstep! Poor things, one was severely injured and his brother was very worried.

Luckily Tauriel and Legolas had shown up to help kill random Orcs that had to try to kill the dwarves. You shudder at the near death experience. Tauriel had healed the dwarf and then you hadn't seen Bard for the rest of the night.

When the dragon came, you got separated when looking for Bard and Bain. It was just your luck. You think about all of this as you climbed up the stairs to Dale. As soon as you begin to walk through the crowded paths you begin to frustrated.

Laketown had always been a small area, and you had just moved in with your new family about five months ago. Therefore, you still didn't know everyone and not everyone enjoyed you being Bards wife.

Some people glared at you, possibly not agreeing with Bards decision and deciding to take it out on you.

All the nervous chatter subsided as you weaved your way through the hostile people searching for your husband. You just prayed he was alive in well.

"Bard?" You called out as you looked through the passage ways and you follow the flicker of light down the hall. Hopeless voices lingered in the air and a relieved smile tugged at your lips.

"Bard!" You say and run towards him, and embrace him tightly. "I lost you." You say into his shoulder as he rubbed your back.

"And I thought I lost you." He replied. He cupped your face and kissed you quickly, there were people around.

"And what about this baby?" He asked with bright eyes. "Oh, you heard about that?"

"I did. I suppose we should be thinking of names."

"If its a boy, you name it. If a girl, I get to."

"Its a deal."