Kili request

(A/N so guys, this is gonna be the last thing I update before I go to Mexico. This was written for @reiningnerd xD I hope you like it! *sings* And requests are going to re-open soon! And I had so much fun writing this chapter jshsaja and I had some feels too. And the new cover was made by @_hazzakitty_

* * *

"Watch were you are going! You nearly knocked me over!" A angry dwarf yells as you accidentally run right into him. You were slightly dazed, your head spinning after the hard impact you made with the dwarf.

"I-I am sorry, please don't hurt me." Your body was shaking and eyes were squeezed shut, waiting for the blow the angry dwarf was going to give you.

"I am not going to hurt you, I was just startled, that's all. I usually don't see human girls wandering around the fields and woods of Erebor."

"This is Erebor?" Your eyes widen at this dwarfs claim. If he was telling the truth, you had steered off course. Very much off course.

You were planning to head for the rolling hills and peaceful aroma of the Shire. You had been going north this whole time!

"Is there something wrong, miss?" The stranger asks with a concerned tone. "Yes. I was trying to get to the Shire, but it seems like my direction skills are rusty."

"It seems so. Why don't you come and stay at Erebor for the night, we have plenty of room. And I can't let a beautiful girl like you stay out here alone."

You blush at his comment and nod. He was tall for a dwarf, with dark messy hair that went to his shoulders, a set of dark brown eyes, stubble on his chin, and a scar going down the the left side of his face.

He walked with a obvious limp, so you slowed your pace to match his.

"I am Kili. I don't know your name so could you tell me?"

"I'm Y/N. At your service."

* * *

Erebor was busy. Very busy. Something huge must have just happened. As soon as you stepped into the great halls, a group of dwarves surrounded you and Kili.

The room was very large, it was a huge castle. There was wounded people all over, dwarves bringing in things, and some sobbing and others laughing with joy.

There must have been a war. "Kili! Lad, you were supposed to be here twenty minutes ago." A white haired dwarf says grimly.

"I know, I just needed air. It's so...Erm," Kili struggled to find the right words and you raise your eyebrows. What was going on here?

"It's alright Kili. You have a lot of things to deal with, and this all happened so quickly." Another dwarf says. This one was wearing a floppy hat and had just two braids.

"It did."

"King Kili? Dain wants to know when the funeral should be held."

A clouded look passed over Kili's eyes and a sick feeling lingers in your heart. You recognize his name now. He was Kili Durin, younger brother of Fili. Nephew of Thorin Oakenshield.

They must have fallen in this battle. I stand there awkwardly as Kili looked into space in silence.

"Kili. Who is your lady friend?" The hat dwarf asks. I could tell he was trying lighten the mood. Which was very dark.

"Her name is Y/N. She was wondering by the South corner of the forest. She was heading for the Shire."

"Well bless my beard! Our hobbit only left four days ago, what a shame you couldn't have left with him. It's always nice to have a traveling companion."

"Your right. It was," Kili added grimly. "This is Balin and Bofur. The helped reclaim Erebor."

"It's nice you meet you," Balin says warmly, but I could see sadness in his eyes. "What's a young lass like you out in the forest alone doing?"

"Family problems. I lived in a abusive household, and I decided I have had enough. I heard of the prosperous lands of the Shire, and decided that would be a good place to settle down and finally have some peace."

The dwarves looked at you sympathetically and squirm, hating the feeling of pity.

"Y/N, you can stay in Erebor if you would like." Kili offers with a nice smile.

"I don't know, Erebor and Gondor are kinda close. I am not sure what I would do if my family found out I was staying here."

"There is no need to worry. I'm sure if anyone tried to mess with ya, Kili would protect you. He is very skilled with a bow, and that is very uncommon for dwarves." Bofur says.

You see Kili's face redden and you smile. "I suppose it would be okay then. But I have to help out in some way, earn my keep."

"Of course lass, we could always use a assistant of some sort!"

"Balin, sense you are now my assistant, you probably need a assistant. There Y/N, the job position is filled."

"Sounds fine to me. And Kili, bring the lass to a room." Balin orders and Kili nods. You follow Kili through the passageways of Erebor, eager to start a new beginning. It would even be better with Kili involved.

* * *

Balin and Bofur watch the two of you go. "He likes her. This is good, he needs a distraction after Fili and Thorin fell." Bofur says sadly.

"Yes. Kili will never get over their deaths, but a love interest is exactly what he needs. And us. Once he heals, Kili won't be young and reckless, but a king."

"And a good one at that, but I can already see a queen by his side."