Chapter Twenty-Two

Lust skipped back onto the ship. He'd spent the last two days being mistaken for some noblewoman, so it would be nice to return to being a long-haired male mermaid wearing dresses with people who knew him. It was a weird nice to be called a beautiful woman and all, but he was only half of those things.

He was beautiful, just not a woman.

But how much stuff he saw and tried was totally worth it. Human markets were great!

Horror followed behind him, smiling. He was happy he enjoyed being in such a place, as it really wasn't anything much. Though he doubted how long they could keep the "traveling rich girl" story up, they had an entire world to see before people start realizing their lie.

"Say goodbye to land, princess, 'cause we won't be seeing it for, like, a lot of weeks." Nightmare dragged in new stuff needed for survival.

"I thought I was a noblewoman." Lust tilted his head.

"Same thing. Princess is just easier to say then 'noblewoman'." Nightmare rolled his eyes.

"Okay! Princess sounds like a cute nickname!" Lust bounced a little. "I've never had a nickname before!"

Horror smiled. "It's meant to be malicious, babe." He couldn't help but smile, as he was just so precious. He loved his little mermaid.

"Oh." Lust blinked. "It's cute anyways!"

The crew groaned. They were not as happy to deal with the ray of sunshine as Horror was. The mermaid's constant amazement and happiness was annoying. Way more annoying than his lustful and mature side, but they found the cross dresser annoying all the time. He was like their little brother's annoying boyfriend. Not actually apart of their pirate family, but still having to be tolerated for familial reasons.

"What do you guys even do on land anyways?" Lust asked as the ship started to leave the port.

"Sell, restock on resources, stuff like that. We just didn't include you on that because you're not very..." Horror paused to get the right word.

"Normal?"

"I was going for a nicer way of saying that, but yes. Normal."

Lust giggled and hugged him. "I know you were trying to be nice, but saying I'm not normal is fine. You don't have to act like my feelings are made of glass or something!"

"I know, but I can't help it." Horror kissed his head. "I don't want to accidentally upset you."

"I know, babe, but you worrying so much is upsetting me."

"I'm sorry!"

Lust giggled more at how easy his lover was upset, despite acting like if he said something wrong, he would begin to sob uncontrollably.

"You two are pathetically sweet." Dust gagged.

"Shut up, rapist!" Lust huffed. He was enjoying their wholesome moment, and would have enjoyed it more if he got more time with him.

"Wow, petty much?" The brunette glared at the mermaid.

"I'm just calling you what you are: a disgusting rapist!"

Dust flipped the small man off, growling. "Just because it's true doesn't mean I like it!"

"Then maybe you should change it, jackass!"

"Lust, baby, that's enough." The half blind pulled his lover close. He whispered sweet nothings into his ear, petting him and stroking his hair as he did so.

Dust tsked and rolled his eyes. His friend became someone else entirely after meeting the stupid mermaid. He could admit, he was a bit jealous. He wanted his best friend back, and not have him being held back because he "loved" some purple-haired freak.

Going to the edge of the deck, Dust stared into the ocean. He began to smoke, grumbling to himself. He wouldn't have a free "stress reliever" anywhere nearby for a while, so he would be damn pissed. He didn't notice the waters beneath him stirring in an unusual way as the rulers of the sea plotted.