"Heh, I guess we were in the same boat. The school only brought the Reserve Course in because we pay lots of money to get even the slightest bit of hop-"

     "No." I looked up at Komaeda, giving a slight hum in the process. "What do you mean?"

     "Well, from the moment they're born, people are clearly divided into those who have value and those who don't. Worthless people will never be able to become someone with value, no matter how hard they try, 'Hard work leads to success'... what a misunderstanding! The world isn't that simple. No matter how hard a small dog tries, it'll never become a big dog... No matter how hard a penguin tries, it'll never be able to fly... In other words...a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does. You don't 'become' a talented person...you're born with that potential, and you, Hinata, clearly don't have the talent required to even have a sliver of the hope the ultimates possess." (Okay so most of this quote is from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. Yeah... Just know I don't take credit for it in any way possible.)

     I looked up at Komaeda in shock. Is that... What everyone thought of us? I should've known. Izuru knew. He had always told me that the ultimates hated people like us and that letting him take over would give me a real talent. Maybe he was actually right. Maybe I am a worthless scum. Maybe I don't deserve any friendships. Maybe... I don't deserve Izuru.

.

.

.

Nagito's Point of view

     "Komaeda...?"

     "What?" I spat at him. I honestly didn't really care at all for him. Being a reserve course, he probably thought that he was so special for just using daddy and mommy's money. There is no point in caring for someone that was going to be so stuck up and spoil-

     "I'm very sorry. It's obvious that you don't like me... heh. It honestly makes sense. I mean, as you said: You don't "become" a talented person...you're born with that potential. Yes...just like you. That's why I look up to you. Ah, just to make it clear, this isn't anything like an aspiration. Aspiring means...I wish to become something like that, right? I'm not that shameless. I know that I am worthless and that you probably want me out. I'll talk to the nurses immediately." (Part of this is also from the Danganronpa franchise. Sorry I just felt these quotes were perfect for the story. I may try to make them my own when I have more chapters)

     What, Hinata was... Apologizing? Maybe he's not like all the other pricks in the Reserve Course. He seemed genuinely concerned about the fact that I hated him. Possibly though, this could all be an act... Yes... An act by Hinata to lure me into false security. There was no way he could actually be this kind of a person.

     On the other hand, he may be lying about the Reserve Course. I mean, look at him. At first glance, Hinata had an average build, with only being a good 179 centimeters. As you look a little closer, you notice that he has toned muscles. As you look a little more, you also notice how delicate his hair looks. It is a soft brown with little spikes surrounding this one large spike. And his eyes. Oh, they were the perfect shade of olive to match his tanned tones. He almost looked like an anime protagonist if you wanted an honest opinion.

     Then, in what seemed to be out of the blue, Hinata fainted. What happened almost immediately after had me jumping out of my skin. Right as he hit the ground, Hinata-Kun bounced right back up but seemed to be different. The emotion-filled boy that I was talking to moments ago was gone. Gone, and replaced with this numb person.

     "Nice to meet you... Komaeda. Correct? My name is Kamakura Izuru." So, that's what Hajime was here for. He must have some form of split personality disorder. I began to speak when Kamakura cut me off, "I already know what you are going to ask. For one, yes, I am a split personality that differs greatly from Hajime." Hajime? A first name basis is normally reserved for loved ones. Did the personalities get along or something? "Secondly, yes, Hajime and I are very close, even with our distinct backgrounds." Dang, it was like this dude could read my mind. Now, I was certain Hajime lied about being a pesky Reserve Course. "No." Izuru looked at me with a slight glare, "Hajime is a Reserve Course student. I, however, was deemed as the ultimate talent. Certain talents include Detective, writer, chef, psychic, babysitter, killer, survivor, luck, hope, despair, fashion model, animal caretaker..."

     Wow. Kamakura was perfect. As Kamakura kept listing off talents he possessed, I felt a tint of pink slowly rising onto my cheeks. He is the definition of everything I have ever wanted to see in my ultimate friends. He has countless talents, and can fully be seen as the ultimate hope. Someone that is able to do anything. Kamakura wasn't lying when he and Hajime were different.

     "Komaeda? Are you even listening?"

     "Hm? Oh, Kamakura I am so sorry. Trash like me gets the chance to listen to your hopeful voice and listen to you speak, but I just sit here dazing off. Wow. I am such a scumbag aren't I?"

     "Yes." I gave a little hum and stared at Kamakura. He seemed to be extremely blunt, and not caring for how others feel. I guess he was right: Kamakura is nothing like Hajime. Kamakura continued, exclaiming, " I hope you know that calling yourself trash is inexcusable." He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look down at him, "You should feel remorse for what you have just called yourself."

     "I apologize Kamakura... Now, what is it you wanted to tell me?" Kamakura's eyes slowly looked me up and down before grabbing my arms. A large blush spread across my face as I looked away. He was very close. So close, in fact, that I could feel his breath slightly on my chest. I slowly mustered up any courage I could and looked down at Kamakura's eyes. They seemed to hold some sort of light, but it was locked far away in the depths of his soul. 

     "You don't seem to be as boring as all the other people Hajime has spoken of," Kamakura explained, "Do not hurt him... Or I swear that you will never see the light of day." I nodded slowly as Kamakura and I sat down. Once again, he seemed to get very close and not even notice that my cheeks had gone from this large blush to a deep red color over my entire façade, without any way to cover it. Kamakura looked down as he added, "I must be going now. Please take care of Hajime." With that, Izuru fell on my lap and immediately bounced up again. Hinata rubbed his eyes tiredly before coming to a realization of sorts. "Oh my goodness Komaeda are you okay!? Izuru must have come out! Did he-"

"Hinata, your therapy session starts in 10 minutes," the disgruntled intercom voice boomed above us. I looked over at Hinata only to see he was looking down. Hinata seemed to look somewhat embarrassed. Was I really that awful? That was when I remembered just how close we were sitting. I slightly scooched away with a dusty rose also forming on my cheeks.

"So... Komaeda, may I ask what you are in here for?"