More good than bad

Drina POV

Now we are running through the woods looking for Malia the coyote.
But instead we found her den.
"We shouldn't be in here. She's not going to come back because our scent is everywhere."
"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?"
"I don't know."
"Do you think you can track her now?"
"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."
"Door's still open."
"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help. This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."
"And more our dad's."

We called dad and they are looking through the den.
"You're sure it was her?"
Dad asked coming up to us with the jacket we found.
"I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine."
"It makes sense dad."
Stiles and I said together.
"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?"
"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet."
"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened."
"horrible things could've happened. ripping, shredding, tearing things."
"Which is what caused the accident."
"Think about it, Dad, all right. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies."
"Except for Malia."
"She blames herself, all right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote."
"That makes sense.. in a Chinese folk tale! Guys this is insane.I need this kept quiet. The two of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this."
I see him looking over his shoulder at something and I pulled him back in.
"Scott. Scotty!"
"Sorry. What did you say?"
With that Rafe McCall and Mr Tate showed up.
"Ah hell."

We went home and now we're talking to Allison about the coyote den.
"Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails."
"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes."
"Coyotes tip-toe?"
"They tip-toe."
"I gotta go send me the location later."
"Got it."
I said as I sat down at my desk and took out my notebook to doddle.
"All right, everyone. Let's get started. We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail Who would like to come up and read aloud for us? Mr. Stilinski, how about you?"
"Uh maybe someone else could? Maybe the other Stilinski."
Stiles said motioning to me sitting next to him.
"Your sister reads enough up here. And everyone participates in my class."
With that my brother reluctantly got up.
He's having trouble reading.
I can hear his heartbeat rising.
Oh God it's a panic attack.
I hit Scott and motioned to my ears.
He hears it too.
"Stiles are you ok?"
I asked standing up.
"No no Drina I'm not."
"Ok I'm going to take him to the nurses office. Scott can you help me here?"

We brought Stiles to the bathroom where he grabbed the sink and started talking to himself in the mirror.
"It's a dream, it's a dream. This is just a dream."
"no, it's not. this is real. you're here. you're here with us. okay, what do you do? i mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake or dreaming?"
"Your fingers you count your fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams."
"How many do I have? Hey! Look at me. Come on, Stiles. Look at our hands and count with us."
We counted together.
"1"
"2"
"3"
"Keep going."
"4"
"5"
"6"
"7"
"8"
"9"
"10. 10."

He fell to the ground.
"What the hell is happening to me?"
"We'll figure it out. You're going to be ok."
"Am I? Are you? Scott, you can't transform. Allison's being haunted by her dead aunt, Drina is changing slowly and faster at the same time. And I'm straight up losing my mind. We can't do this. We can't we can't help Malia. We can't help anyone."
"We can try. We can always try."