Anchors

Drina POV

*Screaming*
I jumped out of bed and ran to Stiles room after I heard him screaming.
He's in his bed having a nightmare.
A bad one.
"Stiles! Stiles come-on wake up!"
*Screaming*
"Dad! Help!" I shouted as dad comes running in and holds him as he calms down.

After he calmed down and fell back asleep dad and I went back to bed.
About 3 hours later I woke up to my alarm.
"Ugh." I say as I clicked off my alarm and got out of bed.
I got dressed in jeans with my red shirt with gold detailing and my leather jacket with boots my usual makeup and my hair is pulled back in a half up braid.
I grabbed my bag and headed down the hall when I saw Stiles just looking at a book in his hands.
I knocked on the door to get his attention.
"Hey you ok?"
"Yeah yeah I'm fine."
Dad comes in and we both give him a sceptical look.
"Guys I'm fine. It was just a nightmare. What's that?"
I looked down at the box in dad's hands.
"That's just, uh, files from the office."
"It says "Sheriff's station, do not remove."
"Unless you're the Sheriff. Now you two school."

We got to school and saw Scott being freaked out by his shadow.
"Hey. Hey, you alright? You don't look all right, Scott."
"I'm ok."
"No, you're not. It's happening to you too. You're seeing things, aren't you?"
"How'd you know?"
"Because it's happening to all 3 of you."
Lydia said as she and Allison walked up.

We walked into the school and this is how Lydia started things.
"Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one."
"We're not crazy."
"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine."
I said coming up next to Lydia as we faced them.
"We did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects, right?"
"We keep an eye on each other. Okay? And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much." Stiles says as he walks to class dragging me with him.

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous History Teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought a friend home for that matter."
At this I turned and saw Kira slam her head on the desk sighing.
"Either way, there she is. Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century."
"A very depressing time if you ask me." I said at the mention of the beginning of the 20th century.
"And why's that Drina?"
He asked turning to me.
"Look at the books from that time. Brave New world, metamorphosis. Very cheery stuff."
"Yes I agree the beginning of the 20th century was a bit depressing."

Class ended and we headed to our lockers to get stuff for the next classes.
"Maybe we need a little more time to get back to normal."
"Yeah, try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures. There's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal."
Stiles says having trouble with his lock and at that I saw Scott's eyes.
"Scott your eyes."
"What about them." He says in a tired voice as I see fangs.
"Glowing eyes Mr Alpha."
"Stop it. Make them stop." Stiles says joining in.
"I can't... I can't control it."
"Ok head down. Classroom let's go."
He put his head down as Stiles and I led him to the empty classroom.
*Growling.*
"Get back away from me."
"It's ok."
"I don't know what's going to happen. Get back."
He started to change till he put his claws in his hands and they started to bleed then he calmed down.
"Pain makes you human."
He says panting as Stiles and I sat down infront of him.
"Scott, this isn't just in our heads. This is real. And it's starting to get bad for me too. I'm not just having nightmares. I'm having dreams where I have to literally scream myself awake. And sometimes I'm not even sure if I'm actually ever waking up."
"What do you mean?"
"Do you know how you can tell if you're dreaming? You can't read in dreams. More and more, the past few days, I've been having trouble reading. It's like I can't see the words. I can't put the letters in order."
"Like now?"
"I can't read a thing."