Chapter ٨

Chapter 8:

~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•~|•~|•~|•~|•~|•~

I was falling deep and deep into the pit of darkness when I was shoved to the side. My shoulder ached but I jolted up and blinked several times. My leg felt compressed but I didn't know whether it really happened or if I was just thinking it. My hands were drenched with sweat and a tingly feeling erupted through my pores as I looked around and noticed that I was still in detention. Was that all another dream? The air around me felt heavy and humid but I looked outside and realized it was just California weather.

"Psssst. Imran?" I looked around and raised an eyebrow when I seen Grant sitting next to me.

"What are you doing here dude?" He shrugged and looked to the front of the class where Mrs. Parrot was glaring at me. I knew she hated me, but the hate in her eyes was intense. Her eyes glared right into me and I raised an eyebrow and turned my attention to Grant who looked frantic.

"I got caught sneaking in the girls' bathroom again. You?" My jaw dropped as I stared wide eyed at him. He shrugged and gave me nonchalant look. After a few seconds he cracked a smile and shook his head at me.

"Just kidding man goodness, chill out. You know I'm not like that. I forgot to bring my gym cloths so coach gave me a detention. What are you in for?" I sighed and combed a hand through my messy hair.

"I forgot my backpack in the car and went to get it and Mr. Flemings thought I was ditching." Grant shook his head and started ripping a piece of paper into small little balls. My heart still was beating frantically from the dream I had.

It felt so real. I was afraid if I moved my leg that it would fall off. The beaming lights, the sound, the rhythmic beat of the train pounding against the rails coming right towards me. It all felt way too real. I sighed and shook my head. I'm going to have to get to the bottom of these dreams sooner or later.

I looked up just in time to see Grant throwing paper at someone's head. I cracked a smile when I realized it was Anisa. I haven't seen her in a while. Her navy blue hijab shined in the light when Grant aimed and through it right in the middle of her head.

She slowly turned around and glared at Grant who froze for a second. I blinked and leaned back. I've never seen this side of her before. Her eyes blazed as she glared at Grant, clenching her hands and jaw.

"I swear Gertrude if you throw one more ball at me I will rip out your esophagus and choke you with it!" I tried my best to hold back my laughter when Grant's eyes widened with fear and anxiety.

The look on his face was priceless!

Anisa glared one more time and turned back around in her desk. With her back fully to us I smiled. Grant turned to me with a terrified look and shook his head.

"She gets me every time. I don't know if it's the look on her face or her deathly voice but she's scarier than my dead grandmother." I laughed and shook my head. Anisa usually isn't scary she's just weird.

"Wait till you see her twin sister, then you'll be running for the hills. By the way, why is she so mad at you?" Grant shrugged and looked away cautiously when Anisa slowly turned in her chair again and gave me a forced smile.

"Your excuse of a friend here decided it would be funny to prank the coach by slipping a small lizard into her back. She freaked and came running at me so I dodged her in fright and she broke her leg. I got busted for nothing, and it was all his fault." Her eyes blazed as she glared at him. Grant cracked a smile and tried to hide it from Anisa but gave up and threw his head back in laughter.

"I've never seen a middle-aged woman run that fast before in my life. It was epic man! You should've been there." I smiled and shook my head. I'm not even a little bit surprised. Anisa narrowed her eyes at him and shook her head in disgust when Mrs. Parrot shushed us from the front of the table.