Chapter ٣

Chapter 3:

~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|

I opened my eyes to a soft sound ringing in my ears. The soft sound of waves riding in a pool of water, stilled and calm filled my ears. I frowned and sat up.

What? Where am I?

I tried to stand up but fell back down in pain when small pebbles and rocks poked into my damp palms. The ground beneath me was hard and moist as the cold breeze spread small pecks of sand over my hand and arms. My shirt clung to me as the breeze from the waves crashing into the rocks hit me.

My jaw dropped in awe as I looked at the scene above me. I stood up and dusted my hands on my jeans and watched as the waves crashed into the massive boulders that overlapped the space between the shore line and the trees that filled the forest behind me.

The wind blew harder as I took a step closer to the edge of the cliff and looked down. The fall was deadly, as rocks filled the surface below me.

I sighed and shuddered when the waves crashed into the rocks, erupting a strong wind that waved through the forest, ruffling the trees behind me.

I took a step from the edge and turned around towards the Forrest. The trees were only getting taller and steeper as I walked deeper into the Forrest. I frowned when a faint light brightened the path ahead of me.

I released the hold on my arms and walked towards the light. The light only brightened as I got closer and closer to the source.

The closer I walked the brighter the light became, momentarily blinding my sight. The branches became blurry as the light became brighter and brighter. I walked and smacked into a branch and fell head first into a pile of leaves.

A groan escaped as the pain rippled through my head. I rubbed my forehead and sat up and peered into the light.

The light slowly faded and a man stood in front of me. A face that looked all too familiar. I sighed loudly when I made out my father's face.

It's all a dream again.

I stood up and ignored the pain, knowing it was only a dream and peered into my father's face. We both stood there waiting something to happen.

He smiled and slowly pulled his hand from his side and rested it on his heart.

I frowned and he raised an eyebrow at me. I dusted my hand from the leaves and gently placed it over my heart.

The waves crashed loudly into the rocks which picked up the wind speed. The rough wind blew through the Forrest as dads figure slowly faded from the spot he was in.

I screamed as covered my head as the winds picked up higher and higher, blowing branches, leaves and rocks in the air.

I screamed as everything slowly faded away and I opened my eyes. I was back in my room, in the dark and silent night. I sighed and sat up in my bed..

These dreams are getting worse and worse. I shrugged off the blanket and walked to the bathroom. The clock ticked twice before it stopped and rang, showing it was three o'clock in the morning already.

I sauntered to the sink and splashed water on my face and made wudu. For a while now, every time I would feel uneasiness or uncertainty I tried my best to turn to Allah and no one else. The best way I did that was through salat. I got up and stood for salat while a calming silence filled the room. But just like that, shaytan ruined it by putting questions, worry and doubt into my heart.

After I finished my salat, I pulled out my laptop. All these dreams have got me thinking, why do I have them? Why are they important? I have all the time in the world since I'm suspended. Being suspended kind of has its perks when you're on a mission, I kind of like it.