Prologue

Copyrighted © 2014

"Abi you don't look to well I think you should rest." I silently whispered to him while a tear trailed down his cheek.

"Know that I love you son. You and the rest of the kids."Just hearing him say those six words brought tears to my eyes. Ya rab let him live or die in peace. He can't endure this pain any longer. The cancer spread and was slowly torturing him right before our eyes.

"Abi don't worry I will take care of them, you focus on your health for now." Tears were streaming down my cheek as my vision blurred from the pool of tears in my eyes.

My father refused, shaking his head and asked for a pen and a piece of paper. I watch as my father dragged the ink pen over the paper, afraid the ink will run out if he lifted it even for a second.

He finished writing and looked up at me with glassy, white eyes.

"My Children, I fought hard and long to make you all hafiz for a reason, the one who is closest to Allah will only be able to understand my will. Take care my children and may Allah guide you all the way to jannah." Before I could even ask him what he meant I was interrupted by my abi's powerful voice.

The room went dead silent, the kids stopped crying. All noise seized as everyone sat there silently listening to Abi's last words. I held my breath as the tears became unstoppable.

His shahadah. He died saying the shahadah.

Days past but me, Abdullah, and Jafar were troubled. We starred at the will, amazed with my dads work. This had to have been the most amazing will I've ever seen.

The will was sequenced and designed in a way only a hafiz would understand. Completely composed of phrases and ayat in the Quran. True to his word, the only person to crack the code and achieve the prize had to have memorized the Quran throughly.

There was no other way.

We smiled and glanced at each other, all knowing what the other was thinking. Challenge accepted.

Let the games begin.

~~~~~~~~~~

This is not the first chapter, but did you like it? Add it to your reading list Inshallah I'll be starting it after I finish my other book 'A Life Worth Living'. If you haven't read I recommend it not because I wrote it but because I actually like it.

This book is copyrighted so please refrain from taking my ideas, title, plot, or anything subjected in this novel without my consent. I highly advise you to prevent yourself from doing so because it will result in plagiarism at the highest degree . I've seen wonderful books and ideas out there but Subhana'Allah dont take others ideas and stories from them. That will just make you look bad. Jazakallah for listening :)

Also I'm currently editing this book and the chapters I wrote so far so please be respectful and mindful of the mistakes. The best of people make mistakes, no body is prefect so please don't be rude. Correct me though please so that I can fix it! I know there are some mistakes I may have skipped while editing so if you see any please point them out respectively. ;)

Read. Vote. And comment. I'd love to know what you think about it or if have any ideas on what it should be about.

Jazakallah and Salam.