Chapter ٩

Chapter 9:

~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~

I anxiously tapped my fingers against the table, a small beat of sweat trailing down my forehead. My foot tapped to the rhythm of the clock. The menacing sound encircled me and completely took over my senses. All thought seemed to leave as I watched the second slowly tick its way around the first hand. My eyelashes felt heavy as I craned my neck to see it. My eyes roamed across the filled room and I noticed everyone was in the same state I was in. The classroom seemed a blur as the tick tock from the clock surrounded us. It was the last ten minutes of class and everyone was on edge.

Mrs. Parrot watched from afar as we all tapped and bit at our finger tips for the bell to ring. We were taking a test on the day before thanksgiving. Crazy right? She's insane. I sat upright and glanced around the room. Everyone seemed to finish. The corner of my lips started to lift upward but failed when I noticed that Salma still had her test. A groan automatically left my lips.

The rule was no one could move or make any noise or use their cell phones until everyone in the classroom had finished their test.

I slouched in my chair and sighed. This is it; I was going to die of boredom. I rubbed my eyes and groaned inwardly when my iPhone started to light up. I noticed it was a group conversation from jafar. I smile crept up my lips as I grabbed my backpack to cover my desk so Miss. Parrot wouldn't see me. I clicked on it and immediately got a message.

Jafar: Hey, Imran you in?

Me: Yup.

Alex077: Join the club dude.

Granto-man: Whaaats upp man!

Me.: Really, he added you guys? -_-

Alex077: Yup....

AbdullahBear: Hey Guys!

Granto-Man: Dude, why is your name 'AbdullahBear'?!

Alex077: You took the words right out of my mouth.

AbdullahBear: Don't ask me; ask the idiot who added me in. He named it like that. Jafar change it!

Jafar: No. It's a free country and I wanted to name you that. Sue me. Plus it looks nice.

AbdullahBear: -_-

I cracked a smile shook my head. I looked up and noticed that Alex had a smirk plastered on his face as well. He seemed to enjoy this little chat. Grant was sitting next to me with a goofy grin on his face too.

Me: Abdullah aren't you suppose to be in class now.

AbdullahBear: Yup, but the teacher let us out early since everybody finished the test.

Alex077: That's not even fair. Mrs. Big Bird over there still didn't let us out.

Granto-man: Not everybody in the class finished the test though.

Jafar: Salma dearest isn't finished yet.

AbdullahBear: Forget that, you guys ready to go?

I immediately sat up and smiled widely. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. I can't wait till this class is finished. We spent all yesterday packing and getting ready. The routine was that me, Abdullah and Jafar were going to drive together to Sacramento while dad, Uncle Isa, Imam Musa, and they guys went on another. Mom, Aunty Aminah and Hana went together in the van with most of the bags since they got the biggest car. We were all going to meet at the house where Muhammad was waiting.

Me: Dude, I can't wait! It's going to be absolutely amazing.

Alex077: Where are you guys going?

Granto-man: Yah, where?