Chapter ٦

Edited? Don't know really lol

Chapter 6:

~•|~•|~•|~•~|•~|•~|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~

"Imran get up! Jafar is waiting for you" Hana screamed on the top of her lungs. I groaned and placed the pillow on my face. It was way too early for my liking. My curtains were dark and the room had a calming dull glow to it until Hana moved that too. The smell of strawberries enveloped my nose and I knew Hana was still here. I peeked through one eye and seen her brown eyes glaring at me.

"Tell him to give me five more minutes." I told her and covered my face with the pillow again. There was a small silence before I suddenly felt an enormous weight crash onto my chest. I heaved and sat up and started wide eyed at Hana who was smiling innocently at me.

"Hurry up! Jafar is waiting for you at his house. All my friends are coming over since you're leaving so hurry!" I rubbed my face with my hand and smirked at her. When did she become a morning person?

"You'd rather have fun with your friends than your brother Hana?" She frowned and raised her eyebrows at me.

"Of course now hurry!" I chuckled and chugged her off of my lap and walked to the bathroom. Last night was one of the nights where I actually had a peaceful sleep. The dreams were constantly buried deep in my thoughts, and it was refreshing to have a night of peace for once. Yesterday was pretty hectic and my back ached. I walked to the sink and splashed my face with the cold ice water. Instantly a sigh escaped my lips and smiled as it trailed down my face and dripped down my chin and trailed down my chest.

I rested my palms on the counter and looked into the mirror and studied my face. Imam Musa and mom both told me that I looked father but I didn't see him in me. Last night when I looked into the mirror I imagined that dad was on the other side cheering me on, comforting me and watching me. My eyes roamed about my face for any resemblance but I couldn't find anything. Now when I see my brown eyes looking back at me, I don't see him. I don't see the jolly face that would greet me at the parking lot after school. I don't see the happiness dad had in his eyes. I don't see the wisdom and secrets that were held in his glance. I don't see him in me at all.

I splashed the cold water on my face again and blinked as the water hovered above my eyelashes. I stood there in front of the sink, dwelling in the feeling of the water seeping into the depths of my fingers and pores. It was refreshing. In that moment, I closed my eyes and sighed. Alhamdulillah.

I blinked back into reality when I heard Hana running down the stairs, her steps light and happy. Looks like her friends are here. I quickly grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. Laughter and chuckles seeped through the door from the living room. It sounded like a whole school bus of girls came. I hastily scanned the room for my jeans and t-shirt and frowned. How many friends does the little girl have?

My eyes roamed across the room as I started to search for my shirt but sighed in frustration when I remembered that mom went to the laundry. Now I have nothing to wear! Quickly, I started to panic and rummage through my closet. I threw bits and pieces of cloths everywhere when I finally found a shirt in the back. A groan escaped my mouth when I realized that the only shirt left was a pink and purple shirt with a big sun flower in the middle that mom bought me a while back.

There was no way anyone was going to see me in this.

I searched for a shirt but sighed when I couldn't find one. There goes my dignity. I hid that shirt the day mom gave it to me, hence why it was in the back of the closet. I stuffed clothes into my backpack and a toothbrush and ran down the stairs. I tried to run for the door before anyone could see me but flinched when a familiar voice beam through the kitchen.