Chapter Five //

I stayed on the warm sand watching the sun go down until the cold February air threatened to turn me into an icicle. It was now almost 9 pm, and I don't even remember if I ate today. I stand up and brush all the sand off of myself, picking up my phone and sliding it open.

 I stand up and brush all the sand off of myself, picking up my phone and sliding it open

Tacos fix everything, right? Right. I swing by this place Sam and I love called Flaco to get takeout before heading home. Once I get there, Sam is sprawled out on the couch watching some cooking show. She gives me a head nod as I walk past her into the kitchen to grab some plates.

We separate and eat the food in silence, as I am just now realizing how hungry I am. I lean back onto the couch when I'm finished, sipping on the straw of my drink as I glance over at Sam. She is still completely consumed by this cooking show.

"So.. I hope I didn't steal you away from any big plans tonight," I smile.

"Nah," Sam says with a wave of her hand, still taking bites of her last remaining taco. "Pretty sure my liver could use a break anyways," she lets out a small laugh through her nose.

"So, how'd your meeting with Caroline go? She pissed about those pictures?" Sam wipes her mouth with a napkin and pulls her feet underneath her, grabbing a soft white blanket from the back of the couch to lay across her lap.

"Weeeeeelllllllll, not exactly," I grin slightly at her.

"You got the part didn't you! Did you get the part?!" I think Sam might be more excited than I am, as she grabs my forearms with her hands.

"Yes, I got it!" I nod excitedly to her. I thought about this on the way home, and I've decided not to tell her about the little stipulation in the contract. At least not yet. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that I can talk about. I know Sam would keep the secret, but I just don't want to risk it. This movie is too important.

"Oh my God I am so fucking excited for you!!" she stands up and runs to the kitchen. I hear glasses clinking and the fridge opening, and she comes running back in with a bottle of good champagne and two flutes.

"I know I said I was giving my liver a break tonight but this calls for a celebration!" she says as she pops the cork of the bottle, the cork flying up and bouncing off the ceiling before landing behind the television. Sam hands me a glass of bubbly golden champagne and raises hers to mine.

"To exciting new beginnings, cheers!" we toast our glasses together and drink the champagne, "... and to Harry fucking Styles!" she chirps out at the end.

Before I go to bed, I send a quick message to Caroline telling her that I will do it. I will accept the contract, weird requests and all. She writes back saying she is going to go ahead and let them know tonight so that no other actress is contacted for the role, and to be ready to sign paperwork tomorrow.

Okay Chloe, you're doing this.

-----------------------------

The next morning I wake up to my phone notification sound going off. I keep forgetting to turn it off. I'm still getting hundreds of notifications on instagram and Twitter, most likely from the pictures of me and Harry together. I slide it open to silence it and see Caroline has text me.