Chapter Three //

I let out an exasperated sigh as I walk inside my house, dropping my giant leather bag and keys on the entryway table. I can hear some sort of punk rock music coming from the kitchen, but it stops when I shut the front door.

"Bitch it's six o'clock! Where have you been?!" Sam shouts from the kitchen. Then I hear the blender turn on.

Oh right, margaritas.

I walk into the small rectangular kitchen that was just recently remodeled to a forest green color, with glass cabinet doors and white quartz countertops

I walk into the small rectangular kitchen that was just recently remodeled to a forest green color, with glass cabinet doors and white quartz countertops. I see Sam, in all her punk rock glory, standing next to the stove pouring the frozen lime colored beverage into two square tumbler glasses, rims already lined with salt.

I lean against the counter behind her, hands folded across my chest and groan, throwing my head back and tip my chin up towards the large skylight above us.

She turns around and hands a glass over to me, turning her head slightly and says, "Okay, I know that look. Gonna tell me what happened? Thought you'd be back hours ago."

I take a quick sip of the drink and lick my lips to rid them of the salt gathered there, "Mmm, well, where do I start? First off, Harry fucking Styles was in my audition," Sam's eyes widen and her chin drops open.

"Oh. Shit."

"Yeah. Shit. He just sat there with this stone face, staring at me like I was growing another head or something. I didn't expect him to be there, so I was completely thrown off my game by his presence. I apparently left my social skills at the door because I made a fool of myself, stumbling over my words. I delivered my lines and ran out of there, " I walk over to the kitchen table and sit down, bending over and resting my head on my forearms.

" Okay, " she says carefully, walking to the table and taking a seat in the chair across from me,"but that was hours ago..."

I groan again, lifting my head off the table. "Ughh, I know. Harry ended up catching up to me in the parking lot and we went for a couple drinks. Said some garbage about wanting to have chemistry with his potential co-star," I finish and roll my eyes.

"Hold up, you went and had drinks with Harry? That's where you were? Doesn't that basically mean you've landed the part?"

"No. Yes? No? No. I don't think-- I don't know Sam. Nothing about this is conventional. I wouldn't assume he's given that much authority to choose his costar. He's a popstar! He's done one movie before this. It's not like he's Leo or Brad Pitt," I exclaim, taking another swig of my margarita.

" Yeah I have to admit it's a little... different? Maybe he's particular about who he works with," Sam shrugs.

I continue, "To top it off, at the bar, Harry played 73 questions with me and shut down any attempt I made to talk about himself at all. Then he got all weird and abruptly left. I don't know if it was something I said or what," I mean, I really was thoroughly confused. That whole scenario was pretty odd. There were glimpses of a personality during our conversation but as soon as Harry showed any emotion he closed himself off again. I just kind of want to forget it ever happened to be honest.