Chapter Twenty-Nine

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

It's been a fucking day.

After my interaction with Caroline, I had to bust my ass to get dressed and over to hair and makeup to make my call time. Sadie was right, Diane is in a mood today. The kind of mood where she grows snakes out of her skull like Medusa. One wrong look at her or one messed up line and flames will erupt out of her eye sockets.

I can't say I blame her, honestly. The studio didn't send the right cars for the chase scene that we need to film today. Catering messed up breakfast, and lunch, so Diane demanded an In-n-Out burger truck park itself on the premises. Oh, and we're running ninety minutes behind schedule.

The costumes for this film are colorful and dramatic, and today is no exception. I've somehow managed to shove my full hips and ass into a tight-waisted 50's-style party dress, thanks to some extremely tight Spanx. The dress is an A-line shape with a small V-neck. It's white with a print of bright yellow lemons adorning the fabric. There's a large satin ribbon tied into a bow around the tightest part of the waist, the ends of the ribbon flowing eloquently down the side of the skirt.

Even though I'm squeezed into this dress and a tad uncomfortable, I feel incredibly powerful as Sadie and I walk towards the location for the shoots this morning

Even though I'm squeezed into this dress and a tad uncomfortable, I feel incredibly powerful as Sadie and I walk towards the location for the shoots this morning. I smile confidently as the heads of the rest of the crew turn towards me. I don't think I've ever felt this good about just being... me.

There are a few historic neighborhoods in Palms Springs that are purposefully kept frozen in time for this specific reason of shooting period piece movies. We are shooting scenes on a cul-de-sac of duplex homes that look just like they've been plucked from 1954 and placed here with a time portal. It's surreal.

The homes we are shooting in front of today are all mid-century modern, perfect green grass yards and picturesque palm trees for the background. Each front door is brightly colored, and the crew has somehow made the front yards look even more picture perfect for the film. It looks purposefully fake. But that's the point of this movie, isn't it? Everything is supposed to be fake.

I stop next to the actor's chair that has my name on it. Sadie hands me the black high heels she's been carrying in her hand for me and I trade them for my bottle of water and fluffy gray slippers I wear around the set to stay comfortable. Who the hell wants to walk around in heels the entire day? When I begin to use the chair to stabilize myself to put the heels on, the toes of a pair of black dress shoes step into my vision. I glance up into the face of an extremely suave looking Harry Styles.

He's wearing a classic 50's business suit, tailored to fit him perfectly in a toasted almond color. A white buttoned up shirt is underneath the jacket, a tie in various diagonal shades of complimenting brown laying against him. He smiles at me, tilting his head down, and as he does that a thick curl of his slicked-back hair comes loose and falls over his forehead.