Chapter Thirty-Five //

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Smiles cover both our faces, talking in the hallway next to the restrooms of this small NYC restaurant. Hunter was one of the last people I expected to bump into here, but here we are. 

"How are you? It's been a while," I ask him, looking up into Hunter's gorgeous blue eyes. His gaze travels over my face for a minute, a smile turning the corners of his mouth up slightly. 

"I'm.. good! Yeah, I'm great actually, I took your advice, just went ahead and packed up my stuff and moved here. I'm starting a show in a couple weeks, actually." 

"That's incredible, Hunter, good for you. Wow," I say, genuinely happy that he's decided to follow his passions to New York City, and to Broadway. Maybe it's the alcohol, but has Hunter always been this... gorgeous? Maybe I just didn't appreciate it enough on our date because in the back of my mind I knew I was just using him to get to Harry, and my skin still crawls when I think of how I did that. 

But damn, Hunter is attractive. His hair is still long enough to be pulled back into a bun, the pieces that have come free and are now hanging in his face tell me that it's slightly shorter than it was a few weeks ago. He's grown his facial hair differently, and it makes him look older. He's wearing a white dress shirt with a few of the top buttons undone and I can see his chest muscles peeking out from underneath. 

He doesn't have any tattoos like Harry does. 

Stop staring, Chloe

Stop staring, Chloe..

Hunter turns his head back to me, grinning. Is he checking me out, too? He shoves his hands in his pockets nervously and clears his throat. 

"Well, um, are you here for very long?" 

"Uhm--I--," I stutter, taking a breath before trying to speak again. I feel like I'm making a complete idiot of myself and for what? Why am I so flustered around him all of a sudden? 

"I leave Sunday night. Just a weekend trip to see my roommate." 

"Right," Hunter lowers his head a bit so he's closer to my level, "you're still filming, yea?"

"Yeah, for a week or so and then we're finished for a while."

"Cool, that's um-" Hunter nervously scratches the back of his neck and smiles at me. There's a short, awkward pause between the two of us, neither one looking away from the other. There's something.. different about him this time. I don't know what it is. My mind flashes back to the night we went on our date and how I didn't feel any sort of chemistry with him back then. But now I'm starting to question that. A lot. 

"Well, I should get going, um--" I start to excuse myself and say goodbye when a tall blonde-haired friend of mine comes striding down the corridor to the bathroom.

"Heyyyyy, Chloe!" Sam says, linking her arm with mine, she nods to Hunter standing in front of me. "Who's your friend?"

"Sam, this is Hunter. We uh-- he's from LA, we met at a restaurant and went on a date a while ago."