Chapter Twenty-One //

I'm thankful I don't have an early call time this morning. After last night I'm still a little shaken up and really need some time to figure out who would be doing this and why. I thought about calling Caroline right away to let her know what happened, but I've decided that I'm going to wait 36 hours and see what this person wants from me. I'll just have to try to continue on like normal until then. After my meltdown last night, I took the box and put it on my dresser and threw the rose in the trash. I am still laying in bed checking emails and social media at 10AM when Harry's name pops up on my screen. I slide my phone to answer it. 

"Hi," I sleepily croak. I need coffee. 

"Good morning, sunshine! Hmm, actually.. sunflower. Yea that's better. You're not really very shiny." Harry says into my ear through the phone, a little too cheery for me with the amount of sleep I got last night. 

"Is that a compliment? I'm confused." I tell him.

"Well, if you'd rather be a fiery ball of gas then I--"

"Okay, okay Harry. Sunflower it is." I interrupt his attempt to make a fart joke, and Harry chuckles. 

"What are you doing at the moment Chloe?"

"Laying in bed," I groan, "I just woke up." 

"Ah! Perfect." The line goes dead and I hear a loud knock at the door to the suite. Shit. Black box. 

I grab the black box and throw it in one of the dresser drawers underneath some clothes that I unpacked yesterday. I run to the bathroom to quickly wash my mouth out with mouthwash since I definitely don't have time to brush my teeth and as I'm walking to the door to open it I'm throwing my hair up into a haphazard top-knot. When I open the door Harry is standing there, in a hoodie and running shorts, a drink carrier full of coffee in one hand and an unmarked white take-out bag dangling from his fingers on the other hand. 

"Hiiii," Harry draws out the last letter, smiling

"Hey, come in," I stand aside and shut the door behind him. 

"So what happened to 'too much estrogen'?"  I ask, bringing up his statement from yesterday.

"Mmm," he hums, setting the coffees and food on a small table that is next to the kitchenette area of the room. 

"They're all filming," Harry winks at me, "I only have to deal with your estrogen right now." 

"Fair enough," I give a half-suppressed laugh as Harry hands a giant iced coffee to me. 

"Iced vanilla latte for you, with sugar-free syrup and almond milk," he gives me a proud smile for remembering my order. I take the cup from him and sit down at the table. 

"Black coffee for me," he chuckles to himself when he sees me wrinkle my nose at the thought of drinking black coffee. He sits down in the chair that is at the head of the table next to me and starts taking random food items out of the bag.