After school Stiles and I went to pick up flowers for dad.
He asked for them because he's going to bring them to mom.
We got there and his office is a mess.
Covered in papers and just everything and a lot of boxes that have stickers saying confidential.
"You know, the last time we bought one of these to her grave was stolen the same day. Hundred bucks down the drain. Hey, Dad? Hi, what are you doing down there?"
"Working. And hey, if somebody wants the flowers that badly, they can have them. It's the gesture."
"Hey, Dad, what is all this?" I asked gesturing to the office.
"I've been looking over some old cases from a more illuminated perspective, if you know what I mean."
"Strange sighting of bipedal lizard man sprinting across freeway."
"Kanima pile."
"Dad, you're not going back through all your old cases seeing if any of them had something to do with the supernatural, are you?"
I asked squatting down to him next to Stiles.
"I admit the recent opening of my eyes to the greater mysteries of the universe has got me reassessing. There's at least 100 cases here where I look at the details and I can ask myself, "If I knew then what I know now."
"Right, but are you sure you wanna go down that path?"
"Do I have a choice? There's one case in particular that I can't get out of my head. Eight years ago, I was elected Sheriff of County, my first official duty was to tell a man that not only had his wife and two kids died in a car accident, but, as best we could tell, the body of his had been dragged from the wreck by coyotes."
"That's terrible." I said looking at the file he passed us.
"We didn't find the car until three days after the crash. They had driven off the road into a pretty deep ravine. Two bodies that were still in the car were covered in bites and slashes."
"So you're thinking bites and claw marks, probably a werewolf attack?"
"Maybe."
"But coyotes, they scavenge, right? So, couldn't they have just left the bites and the slashes?"
"Absolutely. But guess what night the accident occurred on?"
"Full moon."

The next day we're in class and I'm dead asleep.
Didn't wake up till Coach started blowing his whistle at Stiles and I.
"Stilinskis!"
"Ah what?!"
"I asked you two a question."
"And it was?"
"It was "Stilinskis, are you paying attention back there?"
" Oh well we are now." Stiles answered for us.
" Twins,stop reminding me why I drink... Every night. Does anybody else want to try the question on the
board?"
"Hey are you two ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine. I just fell asleep for a minute."
"Drina you were out the second you sat down and Stiles you weren't asleep."
I looked down at my notebook and saw my drool but it was a shape.
A paw print but not a wolf print.

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?"
Scott asked as the pack we are eating lunch outside.
"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles.
"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison.
"They're all locked up because they're insane."
"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"
"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." Isaac said giving my brother a look probably.
"Hey, dude, are you still milking that?"
"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that."

I'm not tapping in because I'm busy tracing the paw print in my notebook with as much detail as possible.
"Hey sissy, you in there?"
I looked up at Stiles.
"Huh? Yeah yeah I'm here."
"Ok she's kinda here."
"Hi. Hi, sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death."
"And what do they call you?"
"Kira."
"So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?"
"Either, I guess. But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."
"Wrathful deities aka Demons."
I said tapping in at that.
"Demons sure why not." Stiles says from next to me.
"Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?"
"Death. You die."
We all gave her a look at that.