Chapter 8

It was morning and Mark noticed he had received no calls from Amelia since last night. She promised to call him once she was at Camilla's house. He was just about to call her himself when he noticed his dad is calling him.

"Dad, why are you calling me asked Mark. Did you receive any news on them?"

"Son, I received information that his man will be in Spain trading drugs and guns. I'm sending you there on a mission. You need to crush the meeting and kill them and bring me his right-hand man for questioning."Mr. Damon said as he gave an order to his son.

"Fine dad, I'll go," said Mark.

"Good. I arrange our private plane and the man for the mission."Mr. Damon said.

"Dad, did you, by any chance, heard from Amelia?" Mark asked his father.

"No, I haven't. Has something happened that you're not telling me, boy?" Mr. Damon asked his son.

"Well, she ... she had a sleepover with the girls. Camila's supposed to pick her up from the club, and she promised me she will call me. But she never called me or texted me, so I'm worried now."Mark said.

"Boy, you are twenty-two years old. I can't believe you are acting irresponsibly right now. You call Camilla and ask her if Amelia is with her."Mr. Damon said.

"What if something happens to her and our man hasn't seen it?" Mark asked while panicking.

"You should have thought about that when you allowed her to that stupid sleepover." Mr.Damon replays with an angry voice.

"But Dad, you know I can't keep her from having more friends, she can't only have us as a company," Mark said.

"It looks like we made a mistake in letting you both leave alone. And now, if something happens, it would be your fault, son."Mr.Damon said feeling upset at his son.

"I know, dad."Mark replays.

"Therefore, you will find out. Call her and let's hope that she's okay. If not, we need to act fast she might be or not in trouble and we can still save her."Mr.Damon said

"Okay, Dad, I'm hanging up. I'll call you as soon as I get the information."Mark said

****

Amelia accepted the stranger's offer out of his kindness and his saving her. Both of them walked a couple of streets, while the people who were passing them looked at them weirdly or with confused looks.

Amelia's head is looking down. She couldn't look up, still feeling shocked about what happened.

"Were here," said the stranger. 

Amelia decided to finally lift her head, see the man's face and where they are. He was very handsome, well-muscled, and looks like he's close to thirty years, thought Amelia. His hair was brown, and his eyes are hazel, just like hers. 

He stepped forward into the building, keeping his one hand possessively on her small back.

The building they arrived at looks new and modern, which reminds her of expensive hotels you only see on vacations. Inside the lobby had beautiful chandeliers with crystal lights, and a black floor that looks very elegant. But Amelia couldn't keep her eyes on the amazing paintings on the wall in the right corner of the lobby. She felt happy, so she smiled and with that her face lighten up a bit.

"Come on," said the stranger as he leads her into the elevator while nodding to the man in the hallway as they passed by. He felt happy that she smiled at the paintings.

They entered the elevator, and the man pressed the button to the penthouse. His hand never left her back as they finally arrived at their stop. He enters the code on the pad, and once it turned green, another door opened into the huge apartment. The elevator door closed behind them once they walked in.