Friends, and Vigilantes

"I think we're gonna get along just fine."

"I am Ren," says a green-clad fellow, Lie Ren, the calmer member of the Dynamic Duo that is him and Nora, usually seen around Nora, both of them hailing from the continent of Amina. How they got to Vale, I'll ask about later.

"Hello again, Carmine," Pyrrha says.

"Oh, hi, Pyrrha. How are you?"

"I'm great, thank you for asking."

"Well, I know most of your names, but who's the girl wearing the bow?" I ask, but I don't really need an answer, Blake Belladonna, cat faunus, a former member of the White Fang, and the only child of Menagerie's chieftain.

"Oh, that's Blake. She doesn't really talk much, just spends most of her time reading," Yang says.

"So she's a silent bookworm. Well, I can see the appeal of a good book."

"I guess that leaves me. I'm Jaune," says the blond guy from Monday. Jaune Arc, the guy Ozpin let in despite his abysmal combat skills, then again I wasn't any better when I started out as Kid Flash. 

"But wait, how do you and Pyrrha know each other?" Jaune asks.

"Like I said, Jaune, I'm the guy from last Sunday. You know, the one that beat twelve people in a row."

"That was you?" Yang asks in shock.

"What gave it away? Was it my devilishly good looks, my charm, or was it me telling you outright."

"So you're the one that humiliated Weiss and kicked my little sister."

"I wouldn't say I humiliated Weiss. Because that would involve killing any respect people had for her."

"You know I'm right here," Weiss says.

I look at her, "Oh, I know," I wink at her, and the look on her face is priceless. You can't fake that kind of fury.

She starts turning red in anger, "I will-"

"You'll what? Come on, Ice Princess, I'm waiting. What are you going to do to me?"

"Easy there, love birds," I don't even have to look at who said that.

"Oh please, Yang, me and Weiss, not in a million years."

"That makes two of us. I'd never lower myself to court the likes of you."

"And you wonder why people hate your family, it's that stupid 'I'm better than you' attitude. God, it's like you forgot about everything I told you."

"How about we change the subject. Carmine, what was your life like before coming to Beacon?" I hear Jaune ask.

I go to an empty spot on the couch. "Gather around, folks. You're about to hear my life story, well, part of it. My story begins like so many often do, with my birth, my parents were Crimson Infantino and Violet L/n, life was great, my dad worked as a researcher, while my mom was a doctor," I take a deep breath, "Then, it happened, the crash, I was at my grandparents' house after school when it happened, when the police showed up I thought my grandparents were robbed earlier in the week. Turns out my parents died in the crash. From that day on, I lived with my grandparents. A year later, I was struck by lightning-"

"You were struck by lightning too?!"

"Nora inside voice, remember."

"Sorry, Ren. But still, Carmine, you were struck by lightning too."

"Yes, why are you drawing attention to this?" 

"We can form a group," She gasps, "WE CAN BE THE LIGHTNING BUDDIES!!"