"that's two chances,"

"two chances are all i'm asking for," jaemin said. feeling hopeful, he hands out his right hand, "can i?"

"two chances." eunha replied with a smile, receiving jaemin's handshake. 

the two then left the rooftop, making their way to the cafeteria to have lunch with the remaining 30 minutes they have. on their way to the cafeteria, the two bumped into weiyun in the hallway.

"hey, weiyun." called jaemin from behind as soon as he recognised the figure.

"oh hey," greeted weiyun back as she waits for the two.

"are you heading for the cafeteria, too?" asked eunha.

"i have to meet up with miss kim. but i'll be there when i'm done," weiyun replied.

"alright then. see you around," jaemin replied as the two then bid goodbye to weiyun.

"eunha," called weiyun before the two left.

eunha hummed in response and weiyun continued, "can i talk to you, later?"

"sure, weiyun. do you want to walk together to our next class? i'll wait for you at the cafeteria," suggested eunha. weiyun nodded and both eunha and jaemin continued to head for the cafeteria.

as the pair arrived at the cafeteria, they were greeted by jisung waving his hands from their usual seat.

"hi hyung! hi noona!" greeted jisung enthusiastically as jaemin and eunha joins to sit on the table.

"where are the others?" asked jaemin, noticing that mark, jeno, donghyuck and seolhyun were missing from the team, along with weiyun.

"they told me they have a meeting regarding student council elections." replied renjun, "where's weiyun, though?" 

"weiyun is meeting up with miss kim. she didn't tell me what it was about but i think it's about her counselling session," chenle explained.

"seems like we're starting to get busy now. with the competitions coming up as well as the student council election," jaemin said.

"yeah right. hope everything turns out well in the end, though." replied renjun.

.
.
.

"jeno," called mark as the rest of the big 5 members packs up their stuffs when the meeting ended.

"yes, hyung?" replied jeno, sitting back on his seat, letting the other members leave the room.

"you guys go ahead, we'll see you at the cafeteria," mark said as he signaled and waved goodbye to seolhyun and donghyuck.

"what is it about, hyung?" asked jeno, curious as to why mark needed to talk to him alone when he could've talked about it during the meeting.

"there's something i need to ask you. it's about eunha," mark started.

"eunha?" jeno repeated.

"yeah. i met with miss kim the other day. she told me that sungjae asked the principal to have eunha kicked out from the student council's election," mark explained.

"sungjae? what does he have to do with this?" asked jeno, frustration evident in his voice with the deep sigh he heaved out.

"well, you know his relationship with haerin. i'm sure it's all haerin's plan. sungjae is probably just haerin's doll in this case." mark replied.

"so, what are you going to do, hyung? are you going to kick her out?" jeno asked.

"well, i met the principal personally." mark replied in short.

"really? you really met with haerin's father for this?" jeno asked as he sprung out from his seat as soon as he heard mark's statement.

mark has always been the one to avoid meeting the principal - haerin's father. ever since mark broke the promise he made with haerin's father, he avoided to meet with the principal at all costs.

"i did," mark replied simply, resting his head on his folded arms on the desk.

"so what happened, hyung?" asked jeno with care.

jeno understood how hard it must've been for mark to meet up with haerin's father. for almost two years, he kept avoiding to meet with the principal.

"first of all, it was awkward as hell," mark started as he released a chuckle. he let out a groan as the image of him standing before the principal flashed by his memory once again.

"secondly?" jeno anticipated.

"he gave me two choices," mark said, "to keep eunha in the student council election and kick her out from the architecture team, or to keep her in the architecture team and kick her out from the election,"

jeno sighed, "so eunha will have to be kicked out from either one?"

mark nodded, "you're the leader of the architecture team and also one of us. can you make the choice for me? i'm sure you know eunha's capabilities more than i do,"

"can't we just keep her in both?" jeno asked with a frown on his face.

"i wouldn't mind doing that. but i don't want haerin's father to resent me more than he already does now." mark replied.

"i understand," jeno said shortly. "well, hyung. i think my answer is obvious."

"keep her in the architecture team?" mark asked.

jeno nodded before continuing with his explanation, "being an architect is her dream. even in our team, sungjae is convincing the others to kick out eunha for her inactivity throughout our preparations. but we wouldn't have such a great idea to proceed with if it wasn't for eunha. i'm sure eunha can prove her talent and skill with this competition and that could open more doors for eunha afterwards. let her stay in the architecture team, hyung." 

"alright, jeno." mark replied as he nodded. "shall we head to the cafeteria, now?" 

"hyung," called jeno before mark left the room.

mark hummed in response before turning off the lights in the room, "is it just me who feels like things are about to get tough again?"

mark gave out a weak smile, "no, jeno. my gut tells me that something is about to happen again. so promise me, whatever happens after this, let's all stay together and protect each other, okay?"

"i promise, hyung. i don't want to lose anyone."