13

"i guess that's all that we can discuss for today." jeno said as he checked his wristwatch.

"yeah i'm tired already." said seolhyun, stretching her arms out as she gave a small yawn.

"good job today, guys." said eunha to her teammates as everyone packs their belongings.

"i'll see you guys later. i'm going to buy some foods for tonight." said renjun and his friends nodded in return.

"seolhyun-noona, are you heading home?" asked jisung as he waited for his friends by the door.

"yeah. i'll be getting some stuffs for tonight with hyuck but i'll have to wait until he's done with his practice. are you heading home?" asked seolhyun in return.

jisung shook his head and replied, "mark-hyung asked help from chenle and i to send weiyun-noona home."

"weiyun is still at the sickbay, right?" asked jeno and seolhyun nodded in response.

"poor weiyun. just the sight of haerin triggers her. jisung, maybe you should accompany her until mark is done with their practice." renjun muttered and seolhyun and jeno agreed in return.

"i will, hyung." nodded jisung.

after the scene at the cafeteria during break time earlier, chenle and eunha sent weiyun to the sickbay as she had a panic attack.

"eunha, are you going home?" asked jeno as he closed the door behind him, seolhyun, jisung and renjun walking ahead.

"i'm not sure yet." replied eunha. "what about you?"

"i'm setting up stuffs for tonight. i'll head for the rooftop when the boys are done with their practice." replied jeno as the two walk out of the library together, "you're coming tonight, right?"

"i still remember the pitiful look on jisung's face earlier, so i think i should. i would be feeling guilty if i don't. i guess i'll stay and help you around." replied eunha and jeno gave his smiling eyes in return.

"that's fine with me. want to grab some drinks before we visit the boys?" asked jeno and the two then made their way together to the nearest vending machine.

"so, how's your days so far in nct?" asked jeno as he passed the can of milo to eunha.

"it's fine, i guess? but there's so much more of nct that i don't know yet, so i don't really know what to expect." she replied after saying thank you for the drink.

"this school really is full of secrets. maybe you'll find out someday. but i can promise you one thing." said jeno, stopping before eunha just right before they enter the sports area.

"what is it?"

"i can promise you that we won't let you get hurt. whatever it takes. we're not going to lose you." jeno said sternly.

"i hope so," eunha said and jeno stayed in his position, surprised of her reply.

"let's go, shall we?" eunha called after walking a few steps.

"yeah, they're probably waiting." jeno said in a low voice.

"hey guys!" shouted jeno as eunha and him approached the basketball team.

"hey hyun." greeted eunha to seolhyun that was sitting near the court.

"oh hey! i thought you two were heading home." seolhyun replied.

"jeno said he's setting up the stuffs so i thought maybe i should help him around." replied eunha as she joined to sit next to seolhyun.

"look at him. he looks like a proud father." said seolhyun.

eunha turned around to see jeno smiling widely as he watches his friends play. his smiling eyes formed a thin line.

"jeno!" called seolhyun, which instantly grabbed the attention of the called guy. "come sit with us. we have a good, wide view too from here! your feet will hate you if you stay there until the end of their game."

eunha laughed at seolhyun's words as jeno made his way to the two girls.

"feels great to see jaemin back in the team, right?" jeno said as he settled down next to eunha.

"yeah. i'm glad he's back. he gets to play his favorite sport again." replied seolhyun.

"he plays it well." said eunha just after jaemin scored another goal, probably the third goal since she arrived.

after another half an hour of the three admiring the game, the team's basketball practice comes to an end.

jeno stood up and gave a standing ovation to his four close friends.

"that was great, guys!" said seolhyun as she passed each of them a bottle of water.

"great game, guys." eunha said, cheering.

"you still have the skills huh, jaem?" jeno teased as jaemin then gave jeno a fistbump.

"how did your meeting go?" asked donghyuck as he sat next seolhyun, wiping the sweats off his face with a towel.

"it went well, i think? we discussed a lot of potential plans." she replied.

"eunha, where's renjun and jisung?" asked mark to eunha.

"jisung went to the sickbay to accompany weiyun and renjun said he's going to buy foods for tonight." replied eunha.

"ah right. chenle, let's have a quick shower before we send weiyun home." mark said to chenle and turned back to face eunha, "you're coming tonight, right?"

"jisung insisted, so yeah i'm coming." replied eunha and it instantly lit up mark's face.

"great! i'll see you later." mark said before leaving with chenle to the washroom.

"eunha," called seolhyun and the called girl turned around, "hyuck and i will head home to get some stuffs. i'll see you later! jeno, take care of eunha!"

"don't worry about me, hyun. i'll be fine. get back home safe, you two!" eunha replied.

"i'll see you guys later," said donghyuck as he then ran to follow seolhyun.

eunha walked over to where jeno and jaemin were standing as the two men were busy chatting.

"oh jaem, are you going home?" asked jeno as he noticed eunha standing not far from him. it was clear that an air of awkwardness was surrounding them, particularly eunha and jaemin.

"yeah. i'll cook something for mom and then head to the cafe to buy some drinks before i come back here." jaemin explained, "i guess i'll have to go now so i can come back here on time."

"let's go then. eunha and i will head to the rooftop after this." said jeno, calling eunha afterwards and the three walked out of the sports area together.