49

"thank you!" said jeno as the judges leaves their booth after interviewing eunha. after repeated bowing to the rest of the staffs, he finally turned around, facing back to his teammates. and with a deep exhale of relief, he then cheered, "we did it!"

the team joined in his cheer, giving each other pats in the back after a job well done. they had been preparing for this day for a long time amidst all the crisis in nct high school. jeno couldn't have expected a better result from their hard work. from their physical project, to the presentation and up until the interview - everything went smoothly and he was more than proud of his team.

mark and the rest of the dreamies came back to the booth after noticing that the judges moved on. with a proud smile and arms wide open, mark offered a big hug to them. jeno and renjun instantly came for his hug, while jisung, seolhyun and eunha watched them with a big smile on their face.

seolhyun nudged jisung with her elbow, teasing him, "why aren't you getting your hug from mark?"

he shook his head instantly, "no, no. i don't like that."

"really?" teased eunha, eyeing seolhyun before the two of them raised their eyebrows and simultaneously engulfing the maknae in a hug.

"too bad then. we love things like this!" said seolhyun as both of them tightens their hug around the taller boy. their hug was broken when renjun came to them.

he sighed before saying, "jisung didn't want to hug us, but look at him staying still when his noona are hugging him."

"jisung, haechan-hyung and jaemin-hyung is staring at you with jealousy right now. better give back your noona to the owners." chenle said, letting out his dolphin laugh and it was as if his laugh turned on the laughing switch for the rest of the dreamies.

"he's right. i am looking at jisung with jealousy right now." said donghyuck, immediately stealing the attention of the rest.

"as expected, haechan is confessing now." teased mark. the mentioned then laughed, attempting to cover the blush on his cheeks with his hands before replying, "no, it's because jisung doesn't even accept my hug like that."

"is it really strictly friendship only between you and seolhyun? i don't think so though." said jeno, who were staying still in mark's back hug.

"i don't know why he's pretending like things are just 'strictly friendship' between us, especially after what happened in the past few days - when we were alone." seolhyun said, showing her bold side as she made her way to donghyuck, naturally falling into his embrace. the blush on his cheeks turned a darker shade of pink as he closed his eyes tight at her words.

"hyun, they'll misunderstand your words so badly," he said, his shaky voice drowned in the cheers of the dreamies.

"don't worry, we already know you have a thing for each other." whispered jaemin as he made his way closer to eunha.

"i'm really curious on what happened when they were alone though," said eunha as she leans on jaemin.

it was a heartwarming sight, to have the dreamies happily being in each other's arms in peace. especially after all the things they've been through the past few weeks. weiyun clinging on to renjun, laughing together as they stare at blushing donghyuck, while donghyuck and seolhyun holds onto each other by their waist, eunha leaning her head on jaemin's chest with jaemin holding her by her shoulder, jisung and chenle standing side by side as they make jokes and continued teasing donghyuck and seolhyun, mark and jeno side hugging each other - the leader and the captain of the dreamies, thanking the universe for the happy smiles on their friends' face.