28

the next dawn, jaemin who was sleeping on the couch at the living room woke up to the sound of his bedroom door creaking.

"oh, sorry. i was too loud, wasn't i?" said eunha softly as she peaked from the stairs.

half awake, jaemin rubbed his eyes and sat up from the couch.

"do you need anything?" he asked, yawning after.

"i feel thirsty," eunha said with silence following after, "but it's okay. i can take them myself. you can go back to-"

but even before she finished her sentence, jaemin was already heading for the kitchen.

she followed behind him, sitting on the dining chair as he poured a glass of water for her. after passing the drink, jaemin join to sit across her.

"ho-"

"th-"

both of them laughed.

"you first," said jaemin with a chuckle.

"thank you for last night," said eunha.

"do you remember anything from last night?" asked jaemin, curious.

"i actually didn't. but i woke up with my body sore and it all flashed back to me. thank you for saving me. or perhaps i should say thank you for saving us." she replied. tears brimmed her eyes as the image from last night flashed through her mind again.

"how are you feeling today? you don't have to go to school if you're not feeling well yet." said jaemin, standing up to draw back the curtain as streaks of light enter the kitchen.

after a few seconds of no response, jaemin turned around to see her.

"jaemin," called eunha. he hummed and she responded, "i think my dad is moving away soon."

taken aback, he stuttered with his reply, "wha- wai- so are you going to move away with him too?"

she sighed, "i usually would. but i want to stay this time. i just don't know if i'll be able to convince him."

before jaemin got to reply, a ringtone played from the living room.

"hold on," he said before running with tiny steps to the living room to get his phone.

"oh jeno." he greeted, "eunha? she's here with me. hold on i'll put you on speaker."

as soon as he placed the phone on the table, eunha spoke, "hey, jeno."

"oh eunha! did you sleep over at jaemin's last night?" asked jeno.

eunha hummed, "jaemin took care of us well. i slept well too," she responded as she bowed at jaemin playfully.

jaemin chuckled, "what's up jeno?"

"nothing. i just called to ask what happened to eunha. good to know she's fine with you," jeno said from the other end.

"don't worry, jeno. i'm in good hands," eunha replied.

"jaemin, can i talk to you?" jeno said.

"hold on," jaemin replied as he took the phone and waved a tiny goodbye to eunha before walking back into the living room.

"hey," he said.

"jaem, is she planning to go to school today?" jeno asked.

"i'm not sure about that. she didn't reply when i asked." he said, "why?"