50 | you've done well.

a few weeks later, a special assembly was held in nct high school, the reason being unknown to most of the students.

"hey, have any of you seen mark-hyung? i can't find him anywhere." said jeno as he walked up to his friend group, looking around to find their oldest but he was nowhere to be found.

"nope, i haven't seen him anywhere. do you know what the assembly is about? it's so sudden." replied donghyuck.

jeno shook his head, "i don't know either. i thought mark-hyung would know but i can't find him anywhere. i guess now we'll just wait."

"jaem, where's eunha?" asked seolhyun as eunha was also missing from the group.

"she moved in with her brother yesterday and their house is quite a distance. i guess they left home late." replied jaemin, checking his text messages again only to see the last text she sent was 'i'll see you in school!'

"but seriously, youngho-hyung is something else. he's so..."

"peculiar," said all of them together. they laughed together after realizing all of them thought of him the same way.

over the past few weeks, eunha has been catching up with her long lost brother. that also includes random hangouts of the dreamies with youngho.

"i call him johnny-hyung more often cause that name just fits him, for some reason." jaemin said. jeno nodded, agreeing with him. they continued conversing, their topic mainly surrounding eunha and johnny. that was until she arrived, almost breathless after rushing to arrive on time.

"hello, what time did you leave home?" asked jaemin to the girl standing next to him.

eunha was busy catching her breath before she replied, "definitely wasn't the right time. johnny-oppa drives slow and i kept leaving stuffs at home so i went in and out of the car a few times before we actually went on our way. why do we have an assembly today, by the way?"

"not sure. i can't find mark-hyung so i guess we'll just have to see." jeno answered. just then, the principal walked up to the stage, miss kim and mark following closely.

"oh, there he is." said chenle. the dreamies sat down on the arranged chairs in the hall, knowing that the assembly was about to start.

the principal went up to the podium in an instant, turning on the microphone and lightly hitting on it for a few times to test the volume. all the student understood and proceeded to take their seats.

"good morning, everyone. thank you for coming to today's assembly despite the late announcement. i have two matters to speak of but i'll try to make this quick. first and foremost, i'd like to apologize for the accidents that happened in neo culture technology high school over the past few months. it was very heartbreaking to find out that my daughter has been abusing some of the students. on top of that, none of the complaints ever reached me due to my wife's doing. i am truly sorry for all the victims. both of them, as well as some students who were involved in her bullying and my assistant has been arrested and are now serving their time in jail. secondly, i'd like to announce my resignation from my position. i believe that this is the right decision for me. today will be my last day as the principal of nct high school and i sincerely apologize for all my shortcomings throughout the years. it has been a pleasure to lead the school, but i will now pass the responsibility to the new acting principal of nct high school, miss kim."

his announcement wasn't one to make the students cheer, it was rather a sad news for all of them. everyone cherished him as the principal. it was only unfortunate that his family were the ones causing pain to the students. perhaps, he's carrying most of the guilt.