alters

"we are not monsters. we are humans. just a little different."

» fanfiction «

title: alters » nct dream

status: ongoing / completed

prologue

"mark-hyung, miss kim was looking for you just now." greeted jeno as he unlocked his locker, which was just next to mark's.

"really? this early? did she tell you exactly where i should meet her?" asked mark in return.

"no she didn't. probably in her room." replied jeno, "i have to go. i'll see you this afternoon at the meeting, hyung!"

as the head of student council in neo culture technology high school - or nct high school in short, mark is used to being called by the teachers. especially by miss kim, the teacher in charged of student councils. but almost all of his meet ups with miss kim would be held in the afternoon, after school hours. a meet up with miss kim in the morning sparked a little curiosity in him.

"i should drop by my homeroom first then," mark said to himself.

he locked his locker and made his way down the aisle to his homeroom class, greeting the teacher. shortly after, he was permitted to leave the class early to meet with miss kim.

"good morning miss kim," he entered the room with a knock, opening the door to miss kim having a conversation with a girl sitting across her, and a man next to the girl.

"ah you're here." said miss kim, inviting mark to stand next to her. "i'm sorry to call you this early. you will probably have to skip some classes this morning, mark."

"it's alright miss, i'll be able to catch up. what can i help you with?" asked mark as he settled his school bag and stuffs at the couch before making his way next to miss kim.

"we have a new student here. eunha, this is mark, the head of student council in the school. mark, this is eunha. she's in her 3rd year." miss kim introduced mark to eunha, the girl with her head hung low, her long hair covering most of her face.

"hello, i'm mark lee. nice to meet you." greeted mark, handing out his hand for a handshake.

"eunha, it's not nice to leave people hanging like that. go greet him." whispered the man next to her, though it was very audible to both mark and miss kim.

"i'm seo eunha." eunha replied, giving a small nod in return to mark's handshake offer as he awkwardly pulls back his hand.

"mark, would it be fine if you take eunha on a school tour and guide her through her first day today?" asked miss kim.

"yes miss, i can certainly do that." he responded in a polite manner.

"eunha, i'll leave you under the care of mark. no worries, he's a very trustworthy person and i'm sure he'll be of big help on your first day today. please feel free to ask anything to him, okay?" miss kim explained and eunha nodded in return.

"well then i guess that is all. if you ever need anything, i'm always in my room." miss kim said, "now off you go to have a school tour."

"alright miss." mark responded. "i'll be outside, eunha. whenever you're ready."

mark left the room with his stuffs as he waited just outside the room. few minutes later, eunha came out with the man, whom mark suspected to be the father.

"now remember what i tell you during the car ride this morning, alright." the man said, to which mark overheard their conversation.

"yes, dad." she said in a very soft voice.

"i might not be at home tonight. lock the doors." he said again.

as much as they tried to keep their conversation private, it was still very audible to mark which only leaves him in an awkward situation.

the two hugged before the father left for his car. eunha stayed in her position as she watched her father drift off.

eunha then turned around, fishing something out of her uniform's pocket. she then walked towards mark while her hands were busy tying her hair in a high ponytail.

"hi, i've introduced myself right? my name is seo eunha, in case i haven't," she said in a cheerful voice, giving a hand to shake with mark's.

"hi uh yeah-" he shook her hand in return, "i'm mark lee."

why is she like a whole new person?

© enchantayr, 2020

inspired by minsyeuga 's secrets plot!