XXII. Be the light

See the light in each other, be the light for each other ~ unknown

~>.<~

It was Christmas evening and they decided to go shopping.

Lights and Christmas decorations were strung like tinsel. A huge traditional pine Christmas tree was decorated with tinsel, ornaments, and lights in the middle of the market.

Bunches of 'Christmas Bush', a native Australian tree with small green leaves and cream colored flowers were used to enhance the beauty of decoration. In summer the flowers of the tree used turn a deep shiny red and beautiful.

There was an unbeatable festive feeling around.

"Was it fun today, Tae?" Jin asked Taehyung to tease him.

"Jinnie, you brat!" Taehyung playfully hit him.

"Taehyung, the key to enjoying life is not to eliminate one’s fears which most probably is not even possible but to confront them." Jin explained gesturing towards the sky.

"For god sake stop your philosophical stuff." Jimin commented.

"You…"

They all laughed seeing how Jin chased Jimin in the market.

"We all have grown up but still it doesn't feel like we're adults." Hoseok said.

"That is the best part when you don't feel old by heart. That's the adventure of living like this." Taehyung said while walking backwards and facing his friends.

"Tae! you'll fall like this." Yoongi made Taehyung walk straight and Taehyung giggled.

"Guys! Did you remember what happened last time we all went to the market on our last trip?" Hoseok said.

"Oh god, I can never forget though it was years ago, haha…" Jin commented.

"Man, I still can't believe at that time we managed to escape those bulky men, it was a nightmare." Jimin wriggled.

"But wasn't it fun?" Taehyung sarcastically commented.

"Tae!! not everything is fun but honestly from that day onwards I was super careful." Yoongi said.

"Guys!! There is Carlos singing event nearby, it is said that Sydney's Carol singing is most famous, lets visit there." Namjoon suggested.

"Ahh, sure why not?"

"You guys go, we'll catch you later, it must be in late evening, right?" Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's arm.

Jungkook flinched a little and looked at Taehyung with big eyes and a questioning face.

"Oh yes sure, see you, bye." Jimin waved them goodbye.

Taehyung took Jungkook's hand,"Let's shop there?" He pointed towards clothing and footwear sections in the market. He wanted to spend more time with Jungkook. He doesn't know why but he feels nice when he's alone with him, he enjoys the moments more when he is with him.

Jungkook was trying his best to avoid Taehyung but Taehyung from no-where was able to catch him. Jungkook just sighed and just followed him.

There was a different aura around them. Jungkook didn't want to make things awkward so he took a deep breath and just forgot the thought about the feelings for Taehyung.

"What's your life like, Tae?" Jungkook broke the silence,"You must have seen so many amazing things."

"You can't even imagine, I love my life." 

"Don't you miss home, Korea?" Jungkook had asked this question several times but it got unnoticed by Taehyung.

"I do, but this adventure makes me forget, I really can't spend my whole life in one place."

This made Jungkook sad, he really wanted Taehyung to be with him, stay with him. He can't stop himself from falling again for him. It was becoming very difficult. 

"You're only saying all this because you have seen nothing of this world." Taehyung replied,"What do you know of the high quality of living in different countries."

"And what do you know of the comfort of home." Jungkook sadly smiled at Taehyung.

"You don't know what it's like to meet new people and listen to their life story."

"And you don't know what it's like to sit with old friends and reminisce." Jungkook pressed his lips into a smile and looked at Taehyung and went on checking out shoes in a store.

"Someday I'll take you to San Francisco to eat their mutton burgers. you'll go crazy." Taehyung followed Jungkook in the store.

"Someday I'll feed you Jjajangmyeon (짜장면) made from home. You'll forget your burger." Jungkook said, trying a new pair, "How's this?" He asked Taehyung's opinion.

Taehyung gave a thumbs up with a smile.

They went on shopping and talking further. They were enjoying each other's company a lot.

"California's sunshine." Taehyung said.

"Korea's Spring mornings." Jungkook replied.

"Phantom of the opera on Broadway."

"Gukjesijang(국제시장) (Ode to My Father) in a cozy comforter at home with popcorn."

"Blueberry cheesecake."

"Hangover stew (해장국) and Kimchi (김치)." Jungkook grinned.

"Actually...ya man!" Taehyung grinned too.

~>.<~

Sun sank lower in the sky, light of day draining away. The shadows were now twice as long as themselves, the air was damp and warm. Dusk was falling. 

Blinking lights wrapped around the pine Christmas tree and Christmas bush were dazzling brightly.

Jungkook and Taehyung both were sitting in a park nearby the market.

"Come on quickly." Taehyung was packing up his things.

"I'm tired Tae… and it's so nice here" Jungkook said while pulling up his legs on the park bench.

"Yes but it's almost time for Carols by Candlelight. Jimin and others will be there." Taehyung got up.

"Sit quietly" Jungkook pulled Taehyung back on the bench. Jungkook was trying to avoid him for hours after ice-skating but after spending a little time with him alone, he felt nice and warm, he wanted this more.

"What if we found out later that carol-singing event was awesome. I've heard, famous Australian singers are present there." Taehyung looked at Jungkook.

"Of course it'll be mind blowing but if we leave we'll miss this amazing sunset." Jungkook looked sideways at Taehyung and smiled.

"However hard you try Tae, you'll always miss out on something in life." Jungkook faced upwards at the pink shaded sky."Let's just enjoy the moment."

Taehyung followed Jungkook's gaze at the sky and peacefully smiled.

The shinny Christmas lights that decorated the market streets blazed beautifully. The sun sank down and bright stars showed up which embellished the night sky.

~>.<~

<3 This was it, a beautiful summer Christmas evening in Australia. I hope you liked it, do tell me your thoughts. <3

~SilverBlxde