XXI. Fire around ice

You give me feelings, I can't put into words ~ unknown

~>.<~

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!" Taehyung was shocked that Jimin took all of them to the ice skating rink, the next morning in Sydney.

"Christmas without chills and ice doesn't consider Christmas hence today we're gonna try ICE SKATING!"Jimin exclaimed.

Everyone was happy and excited about it except Taehyung.

"No No No No! I'm not gonna do it, bye bye guys, have a nice day ahead." Taehyung waved his hand and turned back.

"Tae! you're not going anywhere, come here. " Jungkook pulled Taehyung.

"No Kookie, I can't!!"

"Why not? it's just skating on ice! nothing else"

"That's the main problem, it's skating on ice."

"What's the problem in that, Tae?" Jin asked.

"Ahh, it's that... I don't know how to skate…" Taehyung lowered his face scratching the back of his neck in shyness.

"Taehyung!, you don't know how to skate and you lied to me these years, that's why you never went with me skating… you punk!" Jimin hit Taehyung.

"Haha… Tae, you can do very many adventurous things but you failed in skating, didn't expect, finally got one weakness of yours." Hoseok said to Taehyung.

"Hobi hyung!! That's why I didn't tell you, you're gonna point me out."

"No one is pointing out to you Tae, we're friends, we'll help you skate, it will be a new thing for you." Yoongi said.

"Yeah Tae, no need to worry… let's go inside!!" Jimin gave a side hug to Taehyung.

~>.<~

As Taehyung stepped on the ice, the skates he was wearing slipped; he grabbed on to the side of the wall in a desperate attempt to stop himself from falling flat on his bum. 

With both his hands he tightly clutched the ledge. His feet were still slipping and he was kind of hanging to the ledge as his body was going ahead with his feet. He pulled back a little and tried to balance himself but-

"Woah there! You ok?" Jungkook caught him on time.

Jungkook scoffed and helped Taehyung to stand up properly.

Reason for the fast heartbeat of both of them were different, Jungkook's heartbeat was fast because he was standing and holding Taehyung super closely while Taehyung's heartbeat was fast because of this ice-skating thing.

Jungkook steadied Taehyung and with his red cheeks he quickly skated away.

Tae again tried to balance both feet on the ground once Jungkook left him by himself. He stood up on shaky legs, his feet wanting to roll in opposite directions, causing him to instinctively reach out and grab whatever was closest to steady himself and in this instance it was Namjoon.

“S-sorry, that's why I never wanted to try it.” Tae said as he grabbed a hold of Namjoon's bicep.

“No worries Tae. we are here.” Namjoon gave his dimpled smiles.

Taehyung looked really funny with his small footsteps as he tried to keep his balance on ice and moved forward.

He looked around, everyone seemed great at it, minus him. He saw Jungkook, who skated flawlessly over to the rink. Taehyung got lost in his thoughts seeing Jungkook and he tumbled onto his backside with an 'ouch'.

Jungkook was not able to see Taehyung in pain and immediately went to him. He reached and kneeled down beside Taehyung. "You, okay?"

"Not that gooodd-" Taehyung tried to get up but failed again.

"Let me help you." Jungkook got up and reached out his hands which Tae took and steadied himself. 

Their hands always used to fit together so perfectly hadn't gone unnoticed by Jungkook. He was trying his best not to blush and overreact though his heartbeat was on the next level. 

On the other hand Taehyung was happy that he had Jungkook's company with him and he was majorly trying to concentrate on not falling over again.

Hand in hand Jungkook helped Taehyung to move and skate a little bit. He taught him to balance and how to stand properly with skates on.

Jungkook then let go of Taehyung's hand and allowed him to try himself.

Taehyung glared at Jungkook who was smirking. "Letting go? How ruuudde!" Again he was about to fall again but Jimin came and steadied him.

"Don't let Tae alone, Kookie." Jimin held Taehyung's hand and gave it to Jungkook.

"You punk! never leave me alonnee!" Taehyung hit Jungkook but disturbed his own balance.

Jungkook immediately dashed forward and grabbed Taehyung by his waist, pulling him towards himself firmly.

Taehyung felt strong arms around his waist and a chest against him. He could hear Jungkook's heartbeat, swift and furious and felt the hardness of his chest.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook. His face was gorgeous, eyes cast down, dark lashes feathered against his cheekbones. He was biting his bottom lip, the way he always did when he was nervous. Taehyung could see the dents his teeth made in the soft skin.

Taehyung thought of kissing him,"Would he taste like blood or cloves or a mixture of the two? Sweet and spicy? Bitter and hot?"

Taehyung had heard of people having butterflies in their stomachs, and he knew what they meant: that flapping, uneasy feeling deep in your gut. But he had it now. Butterflies under all of his skin, fluttering, sending shivers up and down his body. "Woah woah stop these thoughts and Why?...Why did I freeze and feel strange like this? I've never felt like this before." Taehyung thought.

Jungkook’s blush seared through his cheeks and for a minute he thought his face was on fire. He suddenly felt awkward, demure, and coy. He was not able to hold himself upright. His heart's great pounding, great pressure; every beat in his chest was clearly hear-able.

Jungkook somehow shakingly managed to make Taehyung stand on his feet, straight and immediately dashed outside the rink.

Taehyung was frozen at the place, his mind just had Jungkook's image and was not able to process anything else.

Jimin and Yoongi saw this whole scene. "Is there something, we're missing out?" Yoongi asked Jimin.

"No idea." Jimin was also confused and shrugged.

Jungkook did return back after a while, his ears were still red because of embarrassment, he was already done. He didn't go after Taehyung to help as Taehyung had Hoseok's company.

Both of them tried their best to forget those moments and maintained their friendship. They didn't talk about it.

~>.<~

A little Taehyung centric chapter.

As our Kim Taehyung is a little bit unsteady with roller skating in real life so I thought to write it down with ice-skating on Christmas day in the story. Without a little bit of snow Christmas doesn't feel itself… 

Hope you like the chapter and taekook moments. <3 

~SilverBlxde