"Hence why I am being seen by yourself," Shepard finished.

"Everything looks fine," the doctor said straightening up and tying up the back of the gown. "Have you gotten much rest?"

"I feel a bit more tired than before," Shepard answered. "All I want to do is sleep."

"That's normal," Dr. Solana replied. "The implants are meant for turians, so the wear of them can take their toll on someone who doesn't have the same anatomy."

"That's good to know," Shepard mumbled scooting back.

"Do you need help, Shepard?" Dr. Solana asked seeing her struggle a bit.

"I can manage," Shepard replied. "No one is going to help me anyway. All everyone looks at is a broke soldier."

"They all have a pitied look on their face when they see me," Shepard continued. "The same look you had when you first saw me."

"Shepard, I didn't-" Dr. Solana began feeling distraught.

"Don't worry about it," Shepard answered getting back into bed. "I'm used to it already. I took a peep at what was left." Or rather SAM found a picture from her medical files of how the stump turned out; without the bandages. It wasn't pretty.

Dr. Solana stayed quiet and sat on the edge of the bed not saying a word. What could anyone say in that situation?

"Do you mind if I come by and visit?" Dr. Solana asked after some time. "I'll still come and do your checks but I mean afterward too."

"Sure," Shepard replied. "I figure I might have a lot more time in my hands soon enough."

Weeks went by before Shepard didn't feel as tired as she did before and it took that many weeks for Shepard to hear a word about meeting with the Council. Dr. Solana had stopped by earlier to check on her implants but promised to come later. Shepard was in the process of putting on her uniform when someone barged into the room.

"Captain Shepard," Garrus said barging in. "The Council is waiting for you."

"I am aware that they are," Shepard replied annoyed, she was having a hard time buttoning the buttons in the front.

"The meeting is taking place in ten minutes," Garrus explained.

"Well instead of panicking," Shepard said giving him a quick glance. "How about you help me with these buttons?"

Garrus came over and with a lot of misplaced touches to her breasts finally managed to button her coat. Both of them rushed to take the elevator up to the Presidium.

"Captain-," Garrus began but got interrupted by Shepard.

"I am a Captain now?" Shepard asked smartly. "So much for our arrangement."

"There will be no more arrangements," Garrus replied not looking at her. "I'm sure given the circumstance; I don't think it will work out."

'Ouch,' SAM replied. 'Was he your lover or something?'

'Only for a night,' Shepard replied annoyed. 'Good thing I never thought it could be more.'

"I agree," Shepard said indifferently. "I do hope you had a great dinner with your family and your special guest."

With that, the elevator door opened and Shepard rushed ahead leaving Garrus behind with a surprised look on his face.

"You're just in time," Ambassador Udina said seeing her walking up the steps.

Shepard followed Ambassador Udina up the steps and waited patiently for the Councilors to begin the meeting. Garrus stood on the other side of the room. While they waited, Captain Anderson and John hurriedly joined them as well. They didn't say anything to her and neither was she inclined to speak to them either.

"We'll get started," Councilor T said indicating for Shepard to stand before the Council.

"Captain," Councilor Valern began. "Would you like a chair?"

"I'm fine," Shepard replied coming to stand before them. "Thanks for the offer."

"Captain Shepard," Councilor Tevos began. "We are here because of the evidence that you've gathered against Alec Ryder and the allegations of the creation of an A.I."

"The evidence against Alec Ryder is irrefutable," she continued. "However, there are some concerns that have been brought up."

Shepard stayed silent; she knew what they were getting at. They thought she had something to do with the A.I being created.

'It's more than that,' SAM commented as the councilor continued speaking. 'I suggest you remain calm as much as possible. You are in for hours of questioning.'