four ▯ poisonous gaze

○○○

yerin

the week passed slowly, and drained the life out of me. though it was my first week at college, the amount of homework and programs i had signed up for literally drained my existence of all energy, and i wanted nothing more but to curl up into a ball and sleep for the rest of my life.

i was working hard in my first week to sign up for as many internship opportunities as possible, since my mother was keeping tabs on my activity.

it was now friday, and i was finished with my last class of the day at the 2 o'clock hour. after walking out the classroom groggily i wiped my eyes, stopping blindly at the entrance to the girls bathroom.

my head was spinning with the lecture i had just finished hearing for the last four hours and my hands were sore from writing notes and marking my planner.

"yerin, come with me," jieun says casually as she walks out the bathroom, spraying perfume on her wrist. she caught me by surprise and i jumped up reflexively, not expecting to meet anyone i knew here.

"sure, where are we going?" i ask curiously. she smiled cutely at me and points to the west wing hallway. "my dorm. it's a girls night."

her red hair was as vibrant as her smile, making me smile in return. since i shared most of my classes with youngmi, jieun, dasom, sunwoo and eric, we slowly got to become closer to one another.

as jieun leads me to her dorm hall, i catch sight of sunwoo and dasom in the distance. since it was a girls night i figured dasom would want to join us too, assuming youngmi and minji would be there also.

"hey dasom! sunwoo! over here!" i whisper shout, waving my hands around frantically to get their attention.

sunwoo saw me first and tapped dasom on the shoulder. i noticed someone else was with them, and at second glance i realized it was changmin.

my heart beat increased rapidly at the sight of him and it made my palms begin to sweat. suddenly seeing him after many years of non communication was somewhat terrifying yet joyful for me, especially since i'd once considered him to be my bestfriend.

changmin catches my eye and waves shyly, and i wave back.

jieun sees them too and eyes changmin. "who is that?" she asks me.

"that's changmin," i whisper back. "i think he goes to school here too."

"never seen him before," she says with a grin, eyeing him. "is he your friend too?" her voice raises a pitch at the tail end of her sentence.

i frown, thinking about how to answer it.

"well yes, we used to be very close?" i manage to say after a short pause. "in primary."

"did you two date?" she suddenly asks me, spinning on her heels to face me. she popped her gum in her mouth as she spoke, eyes sparkling with interest.

"you two seem like you would've been a great match." she says, eyeing me. "well, somewhat."

i raise an eyebrow curiously at her remark, but was interrupted by dasom grabbing my arms and hugging me so tightly i couldn't breathe.

"yerin! my bestie bestie westie! i missed you," she cries in my arms dramatically and i sigh, hugging her back. "i missed you too sister." i say with a laugh.

sunwoo comes over and spanks a hand down on my shoulder, making me yelp. he always did shit that made me so upset, and he thought it was hilarious to see my reaction.