fifteen ▯ stormborn

⚬⚬⚬

yerin

"hey yerin," i heard a familiar female voice call out to me, freezing me in my tracks on my way to my next class. i sighed, already knowing who it was.

turning around, i saw the familiar sight of red hair and piercing eyes standing before me, staring me down. but she had a weird smile on her face and it made me uncomfortable.

"what do you want, jieun?" i ask, rolling my eyes and with this she giggles, happy to know i couldn't stand her presence.

"how weird of you to be upset with me when you're the one who took my place." she snaps, looking me up and down with her lip curled.

"ugh, you never had a place for me to take," i retort, ready to turn around and end the conversation but she steps forward in face, backing me into the locker behind me.

"get out of my face!" i yell at her, pushing her away and with this she pushes me back harder into the locker and grabs my hair, yanking my head back.

"listen you bitch," she spat, her eyes dark and menacingly staring into mine and i felt a twinge of fear for a second, not knowing what her aggression would bring this time.

my heart was beating rapidly now and i could feel my hairs standing on my neck, but i stood my ground.

"get off!!" i screamed at the top of my lungs and she rolls her eyes at this. "ugh, shut up."

instinct told me to start screaming for help again, but before i could do so i saw shadows appear from the corner of my eye and yank her off of me.

i stumbled on my feet as she suddenly released my hair from her strong hold and sighed, feeling relief at her being off of me.

"what the fuck is wrong with you!" minji screamed at her former ex bestfriend as dasom had her arms pinned behind her back.

"yeah bitch, you're fucking with the wrong one right now." dasom says bitterly, throwing jieun to the side.

jieun laughs on the ground like a maniac at this sudden altercation, enjoying all that was going on.

"all i wanted to do was invite you guys out on an apology dinner," she casually says, flipping her hair behind her shoulder as if she didn't just attack me.

i scoff, knowing she was lying.

"as if we'd go out with you." i say angrily, ready to leave. i was already late to my class.

"but im serious. i want to apologize for my actions and this is the best way i can prove it to you, and to changmin." she had such a fake smile on her face that i cringed.

"changmin doesn't want anything to do with you. this is probably just your excuse to see him." dasom says, cutting her off. she then pushes jieun in the opposite direction of us, signaling for us to leave.

"i'll give you guys until friday to decide. this is my way of trying to get you guys to forgive me." she says, turning on her heel. she stands there for a few seconds, hesitant on saying something else.

"please come," she whispers, then walks off.

i roll my eyes. why in the hell would i ever go out to dinner with her after how atrocious she'd been acting towards me?

she was angry at me over changmin, and i found that unfair.

"don't stress over her. but if you do decide to want to forgive her, let me know and i'll take you to her dinner." dasom says, while placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

i nod, sighing a huff of air.

i ran my hands through my hair where her hands were, feeling the soreness of my scalp and the oncoming headache.

forgive her? why should i do that? after how much of an asshole she's been to me.... the possibility of us being friends again was nonexistent.

last week she had attempted to trip me down a flight of stairs and changmin caught me at the last second, cursing her out.

she shot me dirty looks every time she saw changmin and i together, and she was beginning to spread rumors about me.

everywhere i went on campus people sometimes stared at me or mumbled things about me, labeling me as a girl who stole someone else's boyfriend.

"ugh, so fucking annoying." i groan, rubbing my temples. all i had wanted when i came to college was to have my own getaway, focus on my studies, and to enjoy myself.

but it seemed as though all i had been dealing with was drama and heartache, and it was tiring me out.

"yerin," i hear his voice call out to me from
down the hallway and i look up, seeing changmin looking at me concerned.

"i'm fine." i mumble, walking past him. i wasn't really in the mood to talk.

he looked at me pleadingly, taking my hand as i tried to walk.

"are you hurt? what's wrong?" he asks me many questions that i failed to answer.

"just stressed out."

"want to leave?" he offers me, knowing i was already late to my class and i nod.

i wave goodbye to dasom and minji who does the same, and changmin and i leave out of one of the nearest exits, me desperately needing a breath of fresh air.

⚬⚬⚬

we come to a clearing of grass somewhere on campus and i sit on the grass, sighing as i did so.

changmin watched me silently, not entirely knowing how to comfort me. he places a hand on my back and rubs small circles comfortably.

i mindlessly stare at the pretty rose colored bracelet changmin had given me, and i feel my cheeks blush.

how come he was always the one to help me out when i was on the ground?  i owed so much to
him, i felt like my life depended on him.

"changmin," i say suddenly, my eyes meeting his chocolate ones.

he smiles, knowing i was staring at the bracelet he had given me. "yes, love?"

"thank you..." i muttered, feeling shy at my sudden outwardness. "for everything."

he smiles even harder, his cheeks and eyes wrinkling from how hard and cute he was smiling and it made me smile too.

"you always make me feel better. thank you, so much." i say with truth from the bottom of my heart.

this time it was me who pulled him in for a hug and i hugged him for a long time, my arms never wanting to leave the comfort of his.

and this was the only warmth i'd wanted to ever feel for a long time.

but somewhere in my bones, i felt everything was the calm before the true storm, that would rip our hearts apart.

⚬⚬⚬

a/n: please don't forget to read my new sunwoo book "hypnotic" :)