Seven

Okay so I don't know how to write an elopement or a wedding, since I haven't been to either,so just roll with me on this on.
December 22

Percy POV

Today was the day. The day that I get married to the love of my life. Am I nervous? Only somewhat. We were going to elope at this amazing garden venue just outside of San Fransisco. We had invited my Mom, my stepdad Paul, and my half-sister Estelle, but they couldn't make it.

Annabeth had invited her father and step mother, but they had declined. When we invited them, Annabeth had been excited to invite her family, and over the phone they hadn't sounded very excited and denied the invite almost immediately. Annabeth had started crying. I tried to comfort her, but well, it is her wedding day.

When I woke up this morning, I found Annabeth in the bathroom, looking at her pregnant belly in the mirror. She had been self conscious about it lately. She was already dressed in her favorite black maternity pants and a large blue shirt, which was rolled up so she could see her bump in it's entirety.

"Hey," I greeted, my voice rough with sleep. I went over to Annabeth and gave her a hug from behind. My arms wrapped around her bump, which was quite large.

"Hey. You do not now how hard it is the stretch when you're seven months pregnant."

"I don't, no. Can't say I ever will."

Annabeth frowned. Her hands circled her bump. She turned to face me, setting her head on my chest with little difficulty.

"How am I supposed to feel beautiful when I can't see my toes?" She asked, her voice muffled by my shirt.

"I don't know. Maybe try believing me?" I tried. She removed her head from my chest to late at me.

"Wrong. Try again."

"How about we call Mom and ask her?" I suggest.

"Better."

So we called my mom. She basically said, "it's your wedding day, just get dolled up. When you look extra beautiful you tend to feel regular beautiful."

Annabeth checked her phone. "Crap! I'm going to be late!" She quickly grabbed her purse and rushed out the door.

The apartment was filled with silence. I didn't mind to much, it was nice to have the calm before the storm. Annabeth had wanted to keep the dress a secret from me for the sake of, "Percy, we aren't doing anything traditional. Let me have this one thing." Which I couldn't argue with

She had only told me the color, and that was because our wedding planner, Trista, wanted to know for the decorations.

-~•~-
It was time. Annabeth was going to walk down the aisle and I was going to cry. It was actually really hard to prepare myself for her. The last time I had seen her in a dress was our senior prom, but it was a long time ago. And she's seven months pregnant, so that was probably a bit of a headache for the tailor. Or maybe it wasn't and it had a really simple fix. I don't really know anything about that stuff.

Before any of that could happen, I had to greet the few guests that came. A couple close friends had flown out to be with us, but I was still sad that my family wasn't going to be here.

Grover and his wife, Juniper came first, followed by Thalia Grace. Then three people who I had hoped to show but hadn't RSVPed came in.

My mom, my stepdad Paul, and half sister Estelle. My mother was hushing a four year old Estelle, telling her to be quiet and not to pull her tool overskirt over her eyes. I assumed that she thought that it looked cool.

Then they saw me.

"Percy!" Mom exclaimed, coming over to where I was standing. "Oh you look so grown up!" She touched my cheek.

"Thanks, but- what changed? I thought you couldn't make it?"

"Well, we managed to move a couple things around. I wouldn't miss my baby's wedding! And when you said that Annabeth's family wouldn't be coming, well, I couldn't let her not have a mother today. Where is she?"

"Getting ready. Room 204," I told her, pointing in the direction of her bridal suite.

"Thank you, I'll see you in a few!" Mom left, leaving me with Paul and Estelle.

I squatted down to look Estelle in the eye. "I love your dress."

She smiled shyly, in the way that only four year olds can.

"Stella," Paul started. "Can you say 'thank you'?"

"Thank you," she said, smiling.

"Okay, I will have to talk to you after, were starting in ten minutes and Elise will have my head if I'm late," I explained, giving Estelle a hug and shaking hands with Paul.

Elise was the wedding planner/photographer, and she had nailed it into my head that if I was late, it not only would be extremely embarrassing, but I would be at the mercy of Annabeth.

-~•~-

Annabeth was walking down the aisle, her face covered with a veil. Her dress was.. amazing. The skirt had a high-low cut to it, either a design choice or due to her baby bump. The skirt itself was a deep emerald green, matching the long lace sleeves. The bodice was a light cream color, which somehow matched. Her long hair was tied into a half up half down style, white pearls shining in her hair.

She reached me at the front, and I lifted her veil from her face, letting out a couple tears.

She smiled. We took each other's hands at the priests instructions.

Eventually, the vows started. Annabeth went first, taking a couple note cards from the priest.

"Percy," she started. "I hope that you that I am so going to cry during this. And you better too, okay? Wouldn't want you to get left out. Alright, so, when we started dating, I didn't thank we would get here. That sounds so rude being that we are literally getting married, but life happens, and pretty soon after we started dating, I knew that it was going to last a couple years. Then you proposed on the beach, and it was that moment exactly when I knew that nothing was going to tear our relationship apart. I love you, Percy, and I can't imagine being with anyone else." A couple tears were running down her face.

"I don't think I can top that, Beth. No wonder you always go first." The audience laughed. "I will always love you and encourage you and help you out when you're having a rough day. I am so eternally grateful that you and I met. I went from thinking you were an amazing girlfriend to wanting to have children and live the rest of my life with you by my side. I love you, Annabeth." A couple tears fell from my eyes.

"Do you, Annabeth, take Percy to be you lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and health, to have and to hold, until death do you depart?"

"I do."

"And do you, Percy, take Annabeth to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, through sickness and through health, until death do you depart?"

"I do."

"You may kiss the bride."

-~•~-

We were married! Finally, after years of waiting, we were married. Officially. Now, the only other big things were moving halfway across the country, raising a baby, and graduating college!

(1258 words)

This chapter is ok. Sorry it took forever to write, I've been doing other stuff. Go check out my one shot book because I actually update that. Comment what should happen next because I'm generally out of ideas for this book.