One

Before the chapter here is some important info: Percy and Annabeth met at a summer wilderness camp for troubled youth, at age 12, where they were put in the same group. They became friends after a short feud.

They were best friends. At 16, they started dating. At 18, they graduated high school. At 19, Annabeth moved into Percy's apartment, and eventually his apartment off campus in college.

When Percy got a job at a bakery, he moved to a different apartment and Annabeth moved with him. On Annabeth's 18th birthday they got engaged. Annabeth is 20 and Percy is 19. Percy's birthday is August 18. In the summers they visit Percy's mother, Sally, and stepdad Paul. They are still in college.

Annabeth POV (August 10th)

Percy and I are on our way to New Rome. My first year of college, getting my six year degree. Percy had gone to college for culinary sciences. (A/N before you tear me apart, hear me out. Sally is the goddess of cooking. He picked it up from her a decided to make it his job and do it professionally. That is my defense.)  He already had a full time job at a cute little bakery in New Rome. 

We had started dating when we were sixteen, got engaged on my 18th birthday, Percy was 17 at the time. and now, eight days before his twentieth birthday, heading to our first year of college.

Let's just say that last July, when I found out I was two months pregnant, we were thrown off course.

My mother hadn't been very excited for me. She was never very supportive of me. My step-mother and father were, well, not excited, but okay with it, to say the least. Percy's mother was absolutely ecstatic about the news, and his step-dad was happy for us.

Percy had told me he wanted a longer engagement, when we found out we were expecting he had wanted to wait until our baby could walk down the aisle to be the flower child.

Anyway, we had been driving in shifts from New York, where Percy's mother lived, all the way to California. I knew Percy would drive all night if he wasn't told to stop, and I was going to fall asleep any second, so I told him to pull into the nearest town to see if we could get a hotel room or something.

We were in the Midwest at this point. South Dakota, to be exact. Percy drove us into a town by he name of Picklesville.

"Perce, there's a motel," I said with a yawn. I silently cursed myself. Percy yawned.

"Yeah, I see it," he said, pulling into the parking lot. "Do you want to come in with me or..."

"I'll come in. I need to stretch my legs."

"Alright then. Let's go."

It was dark out, but we could still see the outlines of where everything was, if that makes sense. Percy slipped his hand into mine. I smiled at his gesture.

"You remember the plan?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, of course, Mrs. Chase-Jackson," he said.

"You got it, Mr. Chase-Jackson," I replied. You see, we had devised a plan a couple years back, where whenever we went somewhere new, we would pretend to be married. It worked quite well in places like this, especially after we had the baby, we knew that people would give us dirty looks for having a child out of wedlock. (that means outside of marriage, basically.) And being that we were in a conservative Christian town in the Midwest, now was the perfect time to put that plan into action.

We walked into the motel lobby, and went over to the receptionist desk.

"One room?" I asked. The lady behind the desk checked her computer and nodded.

"Just the two of you?" We nodded. "Can I get a name?"

Percy squeezed my hand, he would answer for us. "Mr. And Mrs. Chase-Jackson." The lady nodded again.

"Spell that for me?" Percy told her how to spell it, and when she spelled it back correctly, she handed us a card and said, "Room 105."

We walked out of the lobby and out to our car. (It was Percy's, but I kept mine at my father's house during the summer.) We took a few bags out of the trunk and headed to the room, unlocking the door and stepping inside. It was a lot nicer than I thought it would be, but I guess in a town where they don't get a lot of tourists, it's bound to be better than most apartments in New York.

Percy put the bags in the far corner of the small room, and flopped onto the bed. I laughed at him.

"Hardy hardy har. Very funny." He said, his voice muffled in the blankets. It only made me laugh harder. When I calmed down, I walked over to where Percy had set the bags and picked up my shower bag. Technically, it was Percy's too, but he had five products to travel with, so we shared a bag.

"Showering!" I called to a still flopped on the bed Percy.

"Can I join you?" His muffled voice called back.

"Nah, not tonight!" I called to him. I could hear a faint groan, which I ignored, and started setting up what I needed for my shower.

... Time skip to after her shower...

Percy was properly under the covers now, which was a good thing. I crawled into bed next to him, falling into a dreamless sleep.

(736 words) How's that for a first chapter? I was hoping to make it longer, but I realized that Annabeth falling asleep was a good time to stop. Also I'm tired. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Comment on what should happen next.

Vote to boost my will to write this story. (And my self esteem)