Two

Percy POV (August 11th)

I woke up to an iPhone alarm. Not the best, but it just be like that sometimes. I was laying on my back, and Annabeth had one of her arms on my chest.

" 'Beth, time to wake up," I said gently. I heard her groan.

"Five more minutes," she mumbled, very much asleep.

"We have to get something for breakfast." That got her to sit up. I sat up with her. Her eyes were half open and she readjusting her shirt, (which was actually my shirt) so it wasn't crooked.

Annabeth stretched her arms over her head. Getting off the bed, she finished off her stretching. When she first moved in with me, when she had moved in a year and a half ago, I had found it weird that in the years I had known her, she had never told me that she stretched every morning. After she finished her stretching, she walked over to where I had dumped the bags last night.

"What do you think about looking around here?" I asked.

"Like sight-seeing?"

"Yeah! Yeah. I mean, at the rate of time that we've been traveling, we'll be at New Rome in a couple days, but our term doesn't start for a couple weeks, so..." I trailed off.

Annabeth picked up her clothes bag and walked over to me. She lightly kissed me and said "Of course, Seaweed Brain. If you want to sight-see, we can. We have enough time." She took her bag into the bathroom, where I assumed she was getting ready.

I decided to do the same. I slid off the bed and grabbed an old camp shirt and a pair of jeans. I had just finished getting dressed when Annabeth came out of the bathroom, dressed in a regular t-shirt and denim shorts. I handed her shoes to her, and got my own. We sat on the edge of the bed putting on our shoes.

"Soon you won't be able to do that," I said, immediately blushing. Sometimes I blurted things out my mouth that I couldn't can't control.

"What?" Annabeth looked at me.

"I meant, that when you're farther along in your pregnancy, it won't be as easy to put on your shoes."

Annabeth laughed. "Oh really? And how do you know?"

I gulped. "Well, when my mom was pregnant with Estelle she couldn't put her shoes on. So I just kind of assumed..."

She finished tying her shoes. "Perce, no offense to your mom, but she's at least twice our age. I think I can handle it."

"Alright, should we be off then?"

Annabeth snatched the car keys from my hand and shoved them into her pocket.

"We are going to walk," she said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of our room. I took the motel room key before she could lock us out.
...

"Wow! Percy! Look at those buildings!" Annabeth exclaimed. Her degree was architecture, and she absolutely loves it. She was pointing at the town library, it had tall, Grecian-style columns, and it was made of white concrete. It had huge floor-to-ceiling windows on the front.

We had already seen the public school, (a single building for grades kindergarten through 12th grade) a small family owned café, a pizza place, a small bar (it was closed), a post office, and a bank. I wanted to check out the residential area, but we didn't know where that was.

"That's so cool-" I started.

"I would've made the columns thinner, the windows shorter-" I zoned out for a bit. I liked hearing her her voice. "Percy?" Annabeth snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah?"

"How about we go get something to eat?"

"Of course," I kissed her forehead.  "How about that café we saw earlier?"

Annabeth checked her watch. "It should be open now, let's go." I held her hand. She didn't pull away, which was good. What if she didn't pull her hand away because she felt bad for me and was going to break up with me-

"Annabeth?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you like me?"

"Of course! We are engaged," she looked at me like I was nuts.

"Ok, good. Just making sure."

Annabeth stopped walking, since our hands were linked, I stopped too. It was my turn to be confused. Annabeth's hands touched my face. She pulled my head down and kissed me. It didn't take long to kiss back. She pulled away all to soon.

"I will always love you, Percy Jackson."

"I will always love you, Annabeth Chase."

(813 words) this is a fairly long chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it. I write this is the car, like when I go to school and church and stuff, and my parents have the radio on, and Riptide is playing! I think that's pretty cool. Ok go read my one shots while you wait for the next chapter. Also if you re-read this chapter, it might have changed slightly because I changed it to better match with what I had in my head.

Comment what you thought

Vote to boost my motivation to write this book.