Chilling

"They still out there, Captain?" a voice called from behind him. Rex turned around from the window of the ship.

"Still out there," he replied, repeating his brother's words.

"Just lying there?"

"Looks like they're talking."

"Injured?"

"Nope, they said they were both just fine. Just wanted to stay out there for a bit."

...................................................................................................

"How many men did we lose?" Ahsoka asked, nudging her friend in the side. They were facing opposite directions, their heads leaned up against one another. Ahsoka's feet were stretched out towards the ship, while Anakin's were facing away from it.

"Thirteen," he responded softly. "Not your fault," he continued, feeling her tense up at the number.

"It is. If I hadn't-"

"No."

"If I didn't-"

"No."

"But-"

"No!" He hoisted himself up onto his elbows and walked his feet around in a circle so that they were facing the same way. "It isn't," he said, an air of finality in his gentle tone. "You did everything that I asked you to do. Nothing more, nothing less."

"But they still died," she continued, twisting her fingers around in the thin, yellow grass. "It's wrong. It's all wrong."

Anakin sighed and lowered himself onto his back once more.

"You're right," he replied simply, bobbing his head in agreement. "It's completely wrong." They didn't talk for a few moments.

"Skyguy?"

"Mhm?" Anakin answered, his eyes focused on the sky.

"Your hair's blowing in my mouth," she giggled, swiping the strands away from her face.

"Oh, sorry," Anakin laughed, pulling his tresses underneath his head. "So, what do you think we should do?"

"I was thinking you and Padme could take me to Dex's," Ahsoka suggested. Anakin smiled to himself. His Padawan was slowly shifting from the formality of calling his wife 'Senator Amidala'. He had been trying to persuade her to call him by his first name more often, but any time that they were around the temple, she had to call him 'Master.'

"I was talking about the war, Snips," he said, turning to face her.

"Oh... what can we do? Other than keep fighting until it's over?"

"I'm afraid that the more we fight, the longer it'll take before it is over."

"It's not like we can just stop, though. If the Separatists won the war..." she shuddered at the thought.

"I feel the same way. Come on, we'd better get going." Anakin rolled over, pushed himself into a plank position, and hopped up to his feet. Ahsoka lifted both of her arms, opening and closing her hands, wordlessly asking for him to pull her up.

Anakin reached down and grabbed her hands, only to be pulled back down to the ground.

"Very funny, Snips," he mumbled, standing up and brushing himself. Ahsoka rose to his side. He took note of her tense shoulders and almost subconsciously reached down to hold her hand as they sauntered through the grass, and to their ship.

Ahsoka took it gratefully, smiling as she pulled her master onto the ship.

"So... Dex's?" she asked, raising an eye marking as she took her seat.

"I'll call Pa- er -the Senator and see what I can work out."

"Thanks, Skyguy."

Haaaaave a great day! Leave ideas if ya want!