Butterfly Kisses

It was cold.

Freezing.

All cloaks had been discarded so that they could be wrapped around the three Jedi as the temperatures dipped far below zero.

Ahsoka was tucked beneath Anakin's left arm, the blanket of jackets and cloaks reaching to just above her nose so only her eyes could peek out into the snowstorm while they leaned up against the wrecked ship.

Obi-Wan sat on Anakin's right, an arm draped across the fronts of his two Padawans. His fingers had gone very numb since giving his gloves to Ahsoka, but he had stubbornly refused to take them back.

In response, Ahsoka had curled both of her hands over his, hoping it would bring him some sort of warmth.

Anakin blinked his snow-covered eyelashes, trying to get the substance away from his eyes. He wanted to shake it out of his hair- it was making his headache from the temperature much worse -but he didn't, for fear of showering Ahsoka and Obi-Wan with the flakes.

"Any word from Rex?" Ahsoka managed to say through beginning-to-blue lips. Though he knew that there had been no sign of rescue from his captain yet, Anakin still looked down to check his comm.

"They'll come for us," he promised. Ahsoka groaned, whimpering quietly as she attempted to slide deeper into their three-person jacket.

"You need to keep her awake," Obi-Wan whispered through chattering teeth. "Her species isn't built for the cold. She'll..." his eyes flicked down to the trembling togruta, and back up to Anakin's, "lose consciousness more quickly than us."

Anakin's eyes widened in understanding. He nodded his head before turning to look at Ahsoka again.

Her hands were still wrapped in a weak grip around Obi-Wan's, her face smushed uncomfortably into the side of Anakin's robes.

"Hey..." Anakin squeezed her shoulder, "hey, Snips."

The eyes that blinked up at him were unfocused, and he felt his stomach drop. 

They had only been stranded for about an hour, and she was already beginning to slip away. As he regarded how horrible he felt himself, his heart ached when he realized how much worse it must have been for her.

"You should move to the middle," he stated.

"Okay."

He shifted himself around her, lifting her over his lap and into the space between him and Obi-Wan.

She clutched Obi-Wan's hand more tightly as the two men sandwiched her between them uncomfortably. Both of Anakin's arms wrapped around her shoulders, and Obi Wan's came around her head, his hand curling softly around the bottom of her left lek.

She closed her eyes, jumping in surprise as her masters stiffened in reaction to her movement.

"No sleeping yet, Little One," Obi-Wan said quietly. "There'll be plenty of time for that later, but for now, we need you to stay awake."

"I'm sorry," she whispered, blinking heavily again. And then more softly, "I'm really cold."

"I know, I know," Anakin hummed. "You're doing such a great job staying awake though. You're much better than I am in the cold."

"That's just 'cause..." she closed her eyes again, abruptly opening them, "I'm tougher than you." She managed to give her master a small smile.

"Let's make it a game," Anakin suggested. "Whoever stays awake the longest wins."

A few moments went by with no response. 

"Alright," she said with a shaky sigh. Obi-Wan leaned forward, his beard tickling the top of Ahsoka's montrals. He whispered to Anakin,

"We have to distract her."

Anakin nodded again, thinking quickly as he observed his former master's face. His hair was coated in a thin layer of snowflakes that would usually lead to a slew of 'white hair' and 'old man' jokes if the situation wasn't so dire.

Like Anakin, his eyelashes were also covered in the stuff. Suddenly, a memory popped into his head, so he voiced it.

"Ahsoka, have you ever heard of butterfly kisses?" he asked, puffs of white air escaping his mouth with each word he spoke.

She shook her head.

"Back on," he swallowed, "Tatooine, all the kids used to give them to each other whenever we were upset." He cleared his throat before continuing. "Those of us who had parents used to give them butterfly kisses before bed each night, and our parents would give them to us."

"That sounds nice."

"It was," Anakin hurried on. The octave of his voice had risen, so it now sounded as if he were speaking with a very young child. "To give someone a butterfly kiss, you flutter your eyelashes against their face. It's supposed to feel like a butterfly is flapping its wings on you."

Ahsoka smiled at that. She used to love chasing butterflies as a kid on Shili.

"Can I give you a butterfly kiss, Snips?"

"Yes please," she answered.

Anakin slowly stooped down, pressing his cheek against hers. He nearly flinched at the icy touch, but remembered his purpose as he felt Ahsoka's teeth chattering beneath her skin.

He blinked rapidly against the side of her forehead, and she giggled in response.

"Tickles," she said, humming with quiet laughter.

"Yeah?" Anakin asked pulling back slightly. Ahsoka lifted her head so she could press her cheek against his, imitating the fluttering motion with her eyelashes.

"Did I do it right?" she asked as she stopped.

Anakin smiled, gently kissing her cheek.

"Perfect."

"Mas-ster Kenobi, can I give you a butterfly kiss?" she said, coughing slightly.

"Of course," Obi-Wan answered. He leaned down to her level, closing his eyes and grinning as she blinked against his cheek.

————————————————

Months later, Anakin tucked his Padawan into bed, a nightly ritual that they complied with every time they were both home in the temple.

"Night, Snips," Anakin said, running a hand over her montrals. He made to get up and leave, but she grabbed his hand, shuffling herself up so she could reach his face.

She pressed her cheek to his.

"Butterfly kisses," she said, fluttering her lashes. He did it right back, his smile wide.

"Butterfly kisses."

aka i just learned what butterfly kisses are and thought it was adorable, so BOOM: this fic 

have a great day and leave ideas if ya want :)

wandavision spoilers

SCARLET WITCH

SHE CALLED HER SCARLET WITCH AND I SCREAMED BC NO ONE HAS EVER ACTUALLY SAID SCARLET WITCH IN THE MOVIES SO AHHHHHHH

also this ep was rly sad and the 'i can't feel you' reference to infinity war BROKE MEEEE