Haunting

Request from shit_happens_mate

I can't hear the word "haunt" without thinking of Anakin's dramatic monologue in attack of the clones. I looooove the prequels, but that movie has to have some of the worst dialogue in existence 😂

Every time I watch it I just pretend it's a comedy instead of a romance

Running towards Padme, Anakin's whole face lit up. It may have only been three days since he had last seen her, but nevertheless, seeing her face after a difficult battle always helped him to forget anything bad that had happened.

She ran towards him with the same smile on her face. Just as she came about five feet away from him, he felt something stick out in front of his ankles.

Padme's laughter rang throughout the hall as she knelt down beside Anakin's collapsed body. He blinked, looking from side to side. There was nothing that he could've tripped on anywhere in sight.

So, perhaps he had tripped on something out of sight.

"Ahsoka..." he grumbled. Three years after she had died, and she was still playing pranks on him as a ghost.

He couldn't help but smile whenever she pulled something like this- it was really her only way of communicating with him.

"Again?" Padme giggled, helping him up.

"Third time this week," he chuckled, brushing himself off. Padme took him by the hand as they strolled down the hall.

"Well, tell her I say 'hi'. And that I miss her," she said.

"I'm sure she can hear you right-"

He hadn't even had enough time to finish the sentence before Padme had tripped over seemingly nothing, falling to the floor just as Anakin had moments before.

"Well, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that she says 'hi' right back to you!" Anakin laughed, pulling her up off of the ground. Padme rolled her eyes, but her smile was still there.

————————————————

The dark had never been something that Anakin feared. Growing up on Tatooine, they had practically worshipped the time when the sweltering heat of the suns had disappeared, and he got to go to sleep.

But tonight, something about the lightless space had put him in an eerie mood. He shook with fear in a way that he had not done since he first became a Padawan.

Unfortunately, he knew he was too old to go running to Obi-Wan like he used to at that age.

Maybe he should just-

Whoosh

His head swiveled to the side as his curtains shot open.

"Uhh..." he began, his mouth dry. He swallowed hard, using the force to shut them once again.

Slam 

His head whipped in the opposite direction.

"Th-that's not funny," he stammered, trying to sound intimidating as he watched his closer doors shut over and over again. "Stop."

They did not.

He stood up, his clammy hands balled into fists. He took a deep breath in, and released all his anxieties into the air as he exhaled (at least that's what he told himself).

"I'm going to do it myself then," he whispered, lunging forward and yanking the doors shut.

They stopped moving.

"Thank the Force," he breathed, relief flooding his tone.

BOOM

It sounded as if every single door in his quarters had been slammed shut.

Anakin panicked, sprinting out of his room.

Suddenly, he froze, remembering something.

"Damnit, Ahsoka!" he sighed, face palming. The eerie feeling from earlier stopped entirely.

There was nothing to be afraid of- this was just Ahsoka trying her hardest to say hello.

————————————————

"I know today must be difficult for you, Anakin. I just want you to know that I'm here for you," Obi-Wan spoke, placing a warm hand on his shoulder.

Anakin stared down at the gravestone marking where his apprentice had been buried. Silent tears slid down his face.

"Thank you, Obi-Wan," he replied, giving his old master his best attempt at a smile. "I'm think- ow!" he cried suddenly, falling backwards as if he had been tackled.

Obi-Wan looked down at him in horror.

"Anakin, are you- Anakin?"

Obi-Wan raised his eyebrows as Anakin began laughing, throwing his head back as if someone had just pulled a hilarious prank on him.

"Thanks for that, Snips," he chuckled, wiping at his nose. "Glad to know you'll always be there."

Obi-Wan highly considered calling a mind healer.

Okay, so guess what...

I lied...

I AM SO INVESTED IN WANDAVISION I DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS GONNA GET THIS GOOOOOD! IT'S GONNA TAKE A SUPER DARK TURN SOON IM PRETTY SURE AND I AM HERE FOR IT!

(Also pietro's coming back and you can't convince me otherwise bye)

Have a great night and leave ideas if ya want :)