Corrupt

The only sound that could be heard in the vast apartment was the quiet snore of Anakin Skywalker, as he slept peacefully beside his wife. It was a chilly night, and the entire window was covered in a thick layer of frost.

Anakin and Ahsoka had commed the council to explain that they had gotten stuck on another planet, and wouldn't be able to make it back until the next day.

They had snickered to each other as the Jedi bought every word of their lie. Anakin had promised Ahsoka a 'vacation' day at Senator Amidala's apartment.

Ahsoka had taken the spare bedroom across the hall from her master and his wife. She had had one of the best days of her life playing board games, watching films, and joking around with the only two people who she considered to be family to her. 

However, she could not sleep. Something was troubling her.

She sat up in her bed, her legs curled up to her chest as she stared out her translucent window. She needed to talk to someone about how she was feeling, but it was two in the morning, and she was the only one awake.

"Unless..." she thought to herself. She knew that she shouldn't disturb him, but Anakin was the only person who she could talk to about this. Anyone else would frown upon what she had to say. He was the only one who could understand her feelings.

She hopped out of her bed, and scurried across the hall. Both Anakin and Padme were sound asleep.

Ahsoka tiptoed to Anakin's side of the bed. She chuckled to herself at the sight of his horrible bedhead.

"Um... Master?" she asked, tapping his shoulder. He mumbled something in his sleep about sand, but did not wake up.

"Master," Ahsoka whispered again, rolling him back and forth. He blinked a few times, squinting as if he were unsure if he was awake or not.

"Snips? What's up? It's the middle of the night," he stated, rubbing his eyes. "Is something wrong?"

"Well, no... er... yes. I really need to talk to you," she replied. Anakin quickly became concerned as he began to sense a  great conflict in his student.

"C'mere," he said, patting the space between him and Padme on their bed. Padme opened her eyes slowly.

"Hey, is everything alright?" she asked, laying a hand on Ahsoka's shoulder.

"Everything is... okay. I just have something on my mind," Ahsoka began.

"What is it, Snips?" Anakin and Padme both sat up, sharing a worried glance. Both were completely stunned when the young Togruta burst into tears on the spot. Padme wrapped her arm around the girl's shoulder. Anakin's eyes went wide, and he frantically pulled her into a hug.

He looked at Padme anxiously, mouthing the words 'What do I do?' 

Padme shrugged her shoulders, and ran to the kitchen to get a glass of water for Ahsoka.

"Hey, hey," Anakin whispered, rocking her back and forth. "What's the matter? Can you please tell me what's going on?"

"The... Jedi code... is... all wrong," she sobbed. "It's in... inhumane... I've gotta... gotta get out!"

Anakin's eyes widened even more.

"What are you talking about?" he asked calmly, pulling away slightly so he could see her face clearly. "Breathe."

Ahsoka took deep breaths, trying her hardest to calm herself down so she could explain what was going on.

"Today... today has been the best day... ever. I got to spend time with you and Padme... and just... just be away from the order. I... I don't know... how I didn't realize it until n-now... but the order's got it all wrong," she explained. "They say attachment... is forbidden but... why? Why would they do that to us Jedi? We're forced to live... like robots... with... no emotions. I can't... I can't stay with them any longer." Padme handed Ahsoka her water and rubbed her back.

"I can't say I disagree with you," Anakin began. "But, we have to stay. It's our duty," he sighed.

"I hate it," Ahsoka spat. "I have to do something about it."

"Snips, I hate it just as much as you do, but there's nothing we can do about it right now. Maybe once the war is over, we can-"

"No," she replied harshly. Padme and Anakin looked at one another fearfully. Anakin could sense a darkness in her that he had never felt before.

Ahsoka closed her eyes as she realized everything. The Jedi were corrupt. They were wrong. She was beginning to feel things that she hadn't realized she'd been feeling for years.

She glared at Anakin.

"If you're not with me... then you're my enemy."

This was fun. I can't sleep. Hopefully no one's reading this right after I post it, because that means that you probably can't sleep either and I feel bad for you.

Anyways, have a good night and leave ideas for future one shots if ya want!