Valentine's Day Part 3

this is probably gonna be longer than the usual chapters cuz i have a lot of thoughts

"Don't you think that it's just a bit too casual for a date?" Padme asked, her facial expression clearly indicating that the two-piece, cobalt blue, denim dress Ahsoka had picked out was much more than 'a bit' too casual.

"Well... it's going to be a casual date," Ahsoka countered, trying to discreetly convey the message to Padme that she had already made up her mind.

"Hmm..." Padme tapped her chin with one thin finger, pursing her lips. She reached behind her neck, unclasping the silver choker that she was currently sporting. "Turn around," she instructed.

Ahsoka did as she was told, lifting her lekku to the best of her ability so that Padme could clip the ends of the necklace together.

"Much better," Padme decided as Ahsoka turned back around.

"Thank you," she replied with a warm smile.

"Of course," Padme answered, opening the door as they exited Ahsoka's bedroom. 

Padme made her way over to the pantry while Ahsoka sauntered over to the couch, where Anakin was hunched over, hair clips stuck between his lips as he braided his daughter's hair.

Ahsoka arched an eye marking as she took note of the fact that he had changed into short sleeves. What was that about?

Leia gasped as soon as she saw Ahsoka.

"You look so pretty," she breathed, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Thank you," Ahsoka replied, taking a playful curtsy before sitting down across from Leia. 

Just as they were beginning to play a handclap game that they had made up, there was a soft knock at the door.

Anakin and Ahsoka both looked up, making eye contact with one another.

"I'll get it!" they both yelled at the same time, bobby pins falling out of Anakin's mouth as he spoke.

They both hopped up off of the floor, sprinting to the door. Anakin stuck his leg out, causing Ahsoka to trip and fall onto the ground. 

She grabbed his ankle, yanking hard enough on it for him to trip, nearly falling flat on his face.

"For the love of- I'll get it," Padme muttered, rolling her eyes as Ahsoka and Anakin picked themselves up off of the ground, glaring at one another.

"What kind of a knock was that?"

"It was just a knock. How can you say that I knocked wrong?"

"I'll tell you what that was- that was pathetic, kid."

The muffled voices from behind the door echoed into the apartment before another knock sounded- this one much louder.

Padme pulled the door open, smiling brightly at their... guests?

As in multiple?

A man (who, regardless of the fact that it was nighttime, was wearing sunglasses) was accompanying Peter.

Anakin's eyes widened as he took in the fact that Tony Stark was in his apartment.

Ahsoka met Peter's glance quickly. She lifted the corner of her mouth in a smile, taking a few tentative steps forward.

However, before she could greet him, Anakin stepped in front of her, sticking his prosthetic hand forward to greet Peter. He introduced himself in an emotionless voice that Ahsoka had rarely heard come out of his mouth.