Chapter 24

Chapter 24

***Video above is Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran! It has absolutely nothing to do with this chapter, I just love the song so so so much. Ed is bae.

Picture above is Lindsey (gags). She's Danielle Campbell.***

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are plenty of things in this world that makes us happy. For some, it's marrying that special someone in your life, having your first kiss, or getting into college. And for others, it's eating spoonfuls of Nutella, having a fun night with friends, or simply the mere concept of life. Sometimes it's the simple things, other times it's the not-so-simple things, the things you have to work for.

For me, hearing Andrew Stokes confess his love for me is enough to make me happy. In fact, it's more than enough.

Never have I ever imagined this day, because I was almost certain it wouldn't happen. But I guess that's what makes up happiness. It's that special, unexpected surprise that makes your heart race and a smile spread wide across your face.

There's no doubt that that's happening to me at the moment.

I seated myself on the plush sofa, waiting for Andrew to come back from upstairs. I have no idea what he's doing up there, but he's been up there for a good five minutes. I could, however, hear the slight murmur of voices, so I figured he was talking to Justin.

Ever since Andrew told me he loved me, I haven't been able to wipe this stupid grin off my face. Every time I think about that moment, butterflies erupt in my stomach and I find myself grinning even wider. Honestly, I've never felt more happy in my entire life.

To keep myself busy, I take out my phone and put my grin to use, taking several selfies. I make crazy faces and pouty faces, but the majority of my pictures are of me grinning and beaming. Even my pouty faces had a hint of a smile.

I positioned my phone to take another selfie, puckering my lips.

"Photobomb!" Andrew suddenly appeared on the screen, lips pressing against my cheek right as I took the picture.

I laughed, looking at the picture that surprisingly didn't come out blurry. Admittedly, the picture came out cute. I was beaming like an idiot as Andrew kissed my cheek with a hint of a smile on his face. It was, in all honesty, the best picture I've ever taken.

"Jerk," I said, even though I knew he was anything but.

He grinned, and I realized just how close we were. He was close enough to kiss, and I planned to do just that. Well, up until the part he skillfully jumped over the back of the couch to sit beside me.

The smug grin on his face let me know that his intention was to tease me. This only made me turn away from him and cross my arms over my chest childishly.

He chuckled. "Aw, is the beautiful girl upset?" He spoke to me as if he were speaking to a child.

The way he referred to me as beautiful made me blush slightly, but I stayed strong and kept my mouth shut, still not facing him.

"Oh, so the beautiful girl is upset," the amusement in his tone only made me angrier. "I didn't realize she wanted to kiss me so badly." My frown deepened. He was enjoying this way too much. "Well," the couch moved as he shifted his position. "I guess I'll just have to fix that."

Before I could decipher his words, he was already straddling me, his lips brushing my neck. I was too shocked to move or even speak as his lips left small, barely-there kisses along my neck. His soft lips moved upwards oh-so slowly towards my jawline. I knew he was still teasing me, but for some reason this felt different. As his lips casted spells on my skin, his fingers very slyly began unbuttoning my flannel. I would've stopped him, but by the time I noticed what he was doing he was already halfway done.