Chapter 15

**Dedicated to @RobertMichealTrent for being a really awesome friend! She's super cool and weird (in a good way), so if you're not already, you should really follow her!! :)**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel, Jai, and I spent a total of two hours getting ready for this party. After they both took showers and dressed themselves, they insisted they do my hair and makeup, because, according to them, I don't know how to make myself presentable. Once my hair was completed by Jai, and my makeup finished by Isabel, I slipped into my dress while they did their own hair and makeup. For shoes, I had on a pair of black pumps that were already broken in (courtesy of Jai), so they wouldn't give me blisters. Jai styled my hair in soft, loose curls that hung down my back, and Isabel had light makeup on my face to keep it natural.

"Are we ready?" I ask my friends as they put the finishing touches on their makeup.

"Yep, all done," Isabel says, looking amazing in her strapless black lace cocktail dress.

"Same here," Jai states as she ties the ribbon on her mini flowy white dress that came about three or four inches above her knees. The soft white contrasted perfectly with her tan skin.

"Cool. Andrew said he'd come up here when the coast was clear, so all we have to do now is wait."

"Or not," Jai said, looking over my shoulder at something behind me.

Turning, I see Andrew standing in the doorway in dark jeans that hang loosely on his hips, and a red polo shirt that defines his muscles perfectly. My eyes can't help but stay trained on his biceps that seem to be bulging out in the open. When I finally force myself to look up, his eyes are trained on me, expressionless. His eyes travel down my body in an intense gaze, licking his bottom lip in a slow, seductive motion.

Suddenly, his eyes snap back up to my face and he says, "Wow." One word. Just one. Yet, it means everything. Clearing his throat, he added, "I mean you all look nice." Even as he addressed all three of us, his eyes never left mine. He was sending a deeper message, only meant for me, with his eyes.

Message received.

"Thanks," I say. "So do you." Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, I said, "I see you're finally adding some color."

He glanced down at his red shirt. "Yeah, sort of. Really, though, Jai told me you were wearing red, and therefore demanding that I do the same."

"Jai," I say in an accusatory tone while hitting her arm.

"Sorry," she smiled sheepishly. "Sort of."

I roll my eyes, smiling. "So are we all set for departure?" I ask Andrew.

"Not yet. Your mom is helping Karen clean the kitchen."

"We could always go out the window," Isabel suggests.

"Not in this dress I'm not," I said, raising my eyebrows.

"You could always take it off," Andrew says, grinning.

Blushing profusely, I smack his arm. "Shut up."

"Wow Hailey," Jai smirks. "Your face matches your dress."

I cover my face with my hands, suddenly feeling a little timid. "Why does everyone enjoy making me blush?" My voice is muffled behind my hands.

Andrew chuckled, removing my hands from my face and giving me a small kiss. Right in front of my friends. It only lasts for a second, but still. It's embarrassing.