Chapter 10

Andrew came up to his room exactly six minutes later, shutting the door behind him. He stayed against the door for a minute, staring at me. I was sitting on his bed, my hands resting in my lap and taking in his boring room. There were no pictures, posters, or any sort of thing to let you know that a person actually slept here. The only thing was a simple Mac laptop with a black cover on it—no surprise there.

I looked over at Andrew, smiling and biting my lip. He must’ve thought this was cute or something, because his eyes turned a dark blue and he licked his lips. “Well,” I said to him. “Are you going to get over here and kiss me, or not?”

He smiled at me and wasted no more time staying out of my reach. As soon as he was within two feet of me, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him towards me, consequently making us fall backwards onto his bed, Andrew’s face pressed on my collarbone. It was unintentional, of course, and although we were laughing, I couldn’t help but let my heart skip a million beats. The feel of Andrew’s face against my skin was warm, sending chills through my body. Honestly, I didn’t want him to ever move from that position.

I nearly died when Andrew placed a small kiss on my collarbone before he lifted his head to stare into my eyes. “Hailey,” Andrew whispered, making me open my eyes that I didn’t even realized were closed.

“Hmm?” I forced myself to keep my eyes focused on his, and not stare at his lips like a crazy person. The way my name sounded on his tongue was beautiful.

His fingers stroked my cheek, sliding downwards to my chin to tilt my head up at him. He smiled, “Why do you still have chocolate on your face?”

Okay, how embarrassing is that?

My cheeks were seriously flaming red. The worst part, there was no way I could try to hide my blush, depending on the fact that Andrew is at most five inches away from my face.

Andrew let out a low chuckle and stroked my cheek again, his fingers as gentle as a summer breeze. His thumb rubbed against my cheekbone as he wiped away the small amount of chocolate left, wiping his fingers off on his khaki shorts. The whole time he never tore his eyes away from mine.

“Thanks,” I whispered.

Andrew replied with a smile, and then planted a small, soft kiss on my lips. “Hailey Adkins, you are driving me crazy right now.”

I grinned, sliding my hands along his chest. “Oh yeah? Why’s that?”

He landed another quick peck on my lips. “Because out of all the guys you could be with, you chose me.”

I smiled warmly at him. “Ditto.” Then, unable to control myself anymore, I slid a hand around his neck and brought him to my level so I could kiss him.

I don’t know how, or why, but his kisses meant so much more now. Even the smallest of kisses sent my heart racing to a million beats per hour. I wish he didn’t have this effect on me, but there’s nothing I can do about it now. I’m sort of a goner.

Our kiss deepened to the point where small moans escaped my lips. I felt my cheeks go pink, because I’d never made any such noise like that before. Andrew didn’t seem to mind, though, because this made him kiss me harder, lowering his body onto mine so that there was no air between us.

My heart began to perform several cartwheels and backflips when Andrew’s lips left my own, and instead traveled down my neck in a trail of light kisses. It took all I had not to take it to the next level with him.

Yeah, I take it as a bad sign to want to… you know, when I’ve barely had my first kiss.

When Andrew nibbled at the base of my neck, an involuntary giggle left my lips. Deciding to make this fun, I flipped us over so that I was on top. I brought my knees up so that either one pressed into his thighs, then pinned his arms down with my hands.  Andrew looked completely surprised, and the look on his face was priceless.