Chapter 7

A/N: Heyyy! My apologies for the late update. I know I didn't update as quickly as I usually do, but I was working on some chapters that haven't been updated yet. Hopefully, I will create an updating schedule soon, but I can't give you an exact date, because I tend to be lazy over the summer. Anyway, I hope you're ready for a heated scene in this chapter between Andrew and Hailey. There is lots and LOTS of drama... so ENJOY!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is our last day at the beach. Although I was sad to leave the beautiful beach behind, I was also sort of relieved at the same time. The beach has brought way too much drama and confusion. I’ll honestly be glad to leave.

Zipping up the last of my things into my suitcase, I laid it flat on the bed and let out a long breath, puffing out my cheeks. I haven’t seen Andrew today, and I’m pretty sure that’s a good thing. Right? I mean, it’s okay if he hasn’t come to check on me like he usually does, isn’t it? He’s just busy packing up and stuff. It’s no big deal.

Thinking this, the blaring of MKTO’s “Classic” came from my cell phone rested on the hotel dresser, and I quickly answered when I saw the caller ID.

“Hey Jai,” I said once I answered. “What’s up?”

“What’s up?” She mocked, her voice exhibiting fake anger. “You haven’t called me all weekend is what’s up.”

I smacked my forehead with the palm of my hand. I forgot that Jai could be a little sensitive at times. “Sorry, Jai, I was busy.” Not a lie, but not the full truth. I could never tell her I’ve been making out with the asshole all weekend. She’d freak.

“That’s your excuse? You were busy?” There was a long pause where only her hard breathing filled up the silence. Suddenly, she let out a loud burst of laughter that lasted for about five minutes. Thankfully, she couldn’t hear my sigh of relief over her rumbling giggles. Another thing about Jai, she can never hold a grudge. “Okay,” She finally said after her fit of laughter.

“So… you’re not mad?”

“No, of course not. You’re on family vacation, you should be having fun, not talking to your friends. I mean, it wouldn’t hurt to call, but I understand.”

I smiled. “Thanks, Jai. Oh, and, I’ve got some news for you.”

She took in a sharp breath full of excitement. “What is it? Hurry, and tell me!”

“Well… I may or may not have had my first kiss.” I grinned, just thinking about it.

She gasped. “Shut. Up. With who?”

“The asshole…” I trailed off, waiting for her reaction.

There was only deep, deep silence on the other end. For a second, I was afraid she had fainted or something. And then, “OH MY GOD, I KNEW IT!!”

I literally had to take my cell phone away from my ear, she was screaming that loudly. All the same, I couldn’t help but laugh. “Calm down, Jai. They can probably hear you in Italy.”

“I don’t care! You kissed the jerk? Andrew?”

“I didn’t kiss him, he kissed me. There’s a big difference.”

“Not if you kissed him back, you idiot. Oh my goodness. How did it happen? Is he good at it? Does this mean you two are dating now? What about Mason, don’t you still like him? Hailey, talk to me! I’m so confused!”

I laughed again, right as there was a knock on my door. With Jai still screaming in my ear, I walked towards the door to open it. There, on the other side, was Andrew. And I noticed the change immediately. For starters, he wasn’t smiling at me, or grinning. He was just standing there with a dark expression covering his face, such as the one he had when we first met. He was back in his regular black and gray clothing that he wore so much back home, which is unlike the colorful swimwear he’s been wearing on the trip. And finally, my eyes caught hold of the black skull ear buds in his ears and iPod in his hands. At this, my smile immediately faded.