Don't you smirk at me

Chapter 13: Don't you smirk at me
School has just ended and I couldn't be more excited. I am not a downer most of the time, but today I was just not in the mood to deal with mean teachers and annoying students.

I see Em at her locker and approach her until I realize someone is already there. I slow my pace but continue ahead in her direction. I can hear them whispering barely making out the words.

"But that's the wrong-" Em starts but she's cut off by a male voice.

"Baby I'm never wrong." He says and I see her blush a bright red. I realize this is just innocent flirting and I decide to speak up.

"Hey Em, who's this?" I see both of them turn towards me and Em has a slightly panicked look. She opens and closes her mouth and the mystery guy realizing she's choked speaks up for her.

"Hey, my name is Adam" He gives me a wave and in return I give him a nod. He looks confused, but I'm already late meeting Collin so I better get a move on.

"Well Em you seem busy so I'm just gonna catch up with Collin. Text me tonight?" I see her nod and I don't wait to listen to their weird conversation anymore. As I walk down the hallways towards the direction of the front of the school I begin to wonder what Collin actually wanted.

The school is mainly empty except for a few stragglers who's parents left them behind. It's easy to spot Collin in the front. As I step outside the warm air hits me quickly. I begin regretting dressing a little warm for the occasion.

"What's up Collin?" I ask as he becomes within hearing distance. He just looks at me making no move to answer my question. He just smirks at me.

People smirking at me makes me uncomfortable for many reasons. One of the reasons and basically the only relevant reason is because they are arrogant. They think they are gonna win, because they know they can get a date or because they have something on me.

He opens his mouth to speak, "I know what you and Ally did."

My heart sinks. I guess it was the latter option, because he definitely had something on me.