Can the police be this stupid?

Chapter 5: Can the police be this stupid?

Ok so maybe being in a holding cell isn't that bad since I'm by myself with no other creeps. I tried explaining to them that they arrested the wrong person and that once they arrested me they left the bank unguarded and anyone could've gotten in. The last part caught their attention because I'm in a holding cell instead of actual jail.

"So dipshits when can I go back home?" I ask the police officer as I drag a hand through my hair. I've been here for a half a day and they can't give me a brush?

"Watch yourself your still in trouble." The officer says. Usually Bradley is watching me, but I think he had to use the bathroom or something, because I have this fucktard of and officer watching me.

"Actually I'm not because I didn't steal more than a dollar which I gave back by the way. Did you guys even check the cameras?" I ask him whil crossing my arms. I stand up to give him a stern look.

"We aren't stupid Bradshaw of course we checked." He says in a duh tone turning his back to me as he speaks. "All the tapes are gone and we have no proof of your innocence."

"Even the backup?" I ask starting to get worried that there really is no proof for me.

"Backup?" He asks.

"Every bank around here has backups to their security recordings because they hold so much money. You can watch me take a dollar and I can guarantee you'll find the real culprit." I explain the officer as I pace. What if that's gone too? Then I'm seriously screwed. Never thought the bad girl or boy gets scared? Well it can happen. It's rare, but happens. I watch as the officer calls in the new lead brought to them. Police these days they just get stupider and stupider.

"Hey watch that little mouth of yours." The officer snaps. Oh fuck did I say that out loud? We sit in silence and my boredom increases to the maximum level. I'm currently kicked a can back and forth between my foot and the wall. Just as I'm about to say something to the officer the door busts open and in comes my mother.

"Aria fucking Bradshaw you've really done it now." She screams. Where the hell has she been I've been here for almost the whole day? Like it's almost midnight! Wait why am I just thinking this?

"Where the hell have you been? I got arrested at like 2:30 in last period and it's 11:30 at night and your now just here?" I pause for a minute but just to scoff at her then continue. "Some fucking mother you are." The last part was a slight mumble and speaking, but I didn't care. Her face displayed a bunch of emotions, but I didn't care enough to look. I sit back on the bed and stare at the wall while I feel two sets of eyes on me. Each stare has a different intensity and a different reason behind it. Just as I thought the moment couldn't get more awkward Bradley walked in at the exact moment.

"Aria we-" Bradley started, but stopped when he saw my mother. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh, hello Mrs. Bradshaw. I didn't know you were here." No Bradley isn't flirting it's just him and my mother never got along even though we were best friends. Yeah you heard me. She cares more about Ally then she does me. Speaking of Ally I haven't really seen her that much lately.

"What were you trying to say Bradley?" I ask being very polite and that is a major red alarm because it means I'm pissed. Bradley's eyes grow slightly wider and my mom's face pales slightly more. The other police officer is the only one that doesn't know that this is my 'fuck off' voice.

"It learns manners bravo!" He cheers clapping his hands like a kid. I don't know who this guy is but he's starting to piss me off. Bradley gives him a warning look while my mom doesn't move and inch. I give him the scariest glare to ever exist in human history, Once he sees the signs his mouth forms an 'o' shape and puts his hands up surrender.