A part of me saw it coming

(A/N y'all really showed my other book some love and attention therefore I am giving you a long over due update)

Chapter 11: A part of me saw it coming

I got quite a a few stares walking down the halls, but I always do. Usually the stares are due to the girls wanting to be me and the guys wanting me. Although this time it was not the case. The news of an officer being arrested for murder got around quick and the worst part was yet to come.

Everyone knew that officer had been my best friend.

Of course there was no solid proof I was any sort of accomplice in the murder, but that didn't stop people from believing it. Bradley screwed up my life and I was beyond angry with him for doing so.

"Hey Aria" Collin greeted. I looked him over and he had tired eyes.

"Everything alright Collin?" I asked with concern lacing my voice. What can I say I generally care about people, it's a curse.

"Everything is fine Aria, meet me after school we have some matters to discuss." And with that he walked off.

What the actual fuck was that. He made it sound like I killed his mom and now we had to have a serious discussion about lawsuits, no can do buddy I don't do law suits.

-

I was barely paying attention in any classes, but of course what else was new? I was twirling my pencil around between my fingers awaiting the ring of the bell. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and didn't feel like looking so I ignored it and continued to twirl my pencil. My phone buzzed again. Ugh who keeps bothering me! I pull out my phone and read the message.

I need your help -Ryan

With what -Aria

Just come meet me outside. -Ryan

I sigh thinking about the last time I helped someone out. I suddenly rise and exit the classroom. Ignoring the teachers protests I walk out of the school to go see Ryan. He's standing a little far off so I quickly catch up to him. He sticks his hand out for me and I just look at it warily.

"Oh just come on." He says urging me to grab his hand so we could get a move on. I do and he suddenly starts running towards the woods near our school. I've only been in here a couple of times, but if I had to explain it in one word: beautiful. As we continue to run he comes to a sudden stop by a moving river that has a blanket set up?

"Ryan..um.." I begin, but he realizes what I though was happening.

"No! Oh god no. I'm not making a move. It's just your best friend got arrested for murder. I figured you'd want a break." He says sitting down on the blanket. He pats a spot next to him and I take the chance and sit down. "If you want to talk about it I'm here."

I stare at Ryan as he studies the river and realize it's nice to have such a cool friend. I mean one willing to be there for me. I suddenly feel a strong burst of something for Ryan, and I assume it's appreciation for what he's doing. "Bradley was my best friend, he got me through all my insecurities and hard times, but I just couldn't help him get away..w-with.."

Ryan suddenly hugged me as tears strolled down my face. He comforted me until the sun began to go down. I had stopped crying, but then I suddenly thought of going through life withouts my best friend. How alone I now was, but how this could be a good thing. I now don't have a toxic friend, only good ones. I start sobbing into his shoulder, and it was probably quite random to him, but he didn't seem surprised.

"I know..it's hard when bad things happen. It sucks even more when our brain decides not to be our friend, but instead our worst enemy. Instead of comforting us it works against us, making us think of all the bad happening. Don't worry though, thats why I'm here. I'm here to help realize it's not all bad." He finished hugging me tighter.

In that moment I realized, maybe the bad girl isn't so bad on the inside.